Synopses & Reviews
Look for new hotels, restaurants, shops, and nightlife recommendations in Argentina’s colorful capital, plus a curated selection of tango halls.
Illustrated Features: Multiple full-color features are placed throughout the book including ones on tango, Argentine icons from Maradona to Evita, Iguazú Falls, gaucho country, and Argentina’s rich history. Cuisine and shopping spotlights on each neighborhood bring Buenos Aires’ landscape to life.
Indispensable Trip Planning Tools: Top Attractions, Great Itineraries, and Tango features
make it easy to plan a vacation. Best bets charts for restaurants and hotels; easy-to-read color regional maps; and tips on Argentine wine, steak, markets, and sporting life give useful tools to dive into the culture.
Discerning Recommendations: Fodor’s Buenos Aires offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their time. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks, from hotels to nightlife. “Word of Mouth” quotes from fellow travelers provide valuable insights.
• Make your trip to Buenos Aires unforgettable with maps, illustrated features, and color photos.
Customize your trip with simple planning tools
• A convenient overview of each neighborhood and its highlights
• Ideas for making the most of your time
• Easy-to-read color neighborhood maps
Explore Plaza de Mayo, the Caminito, Recoleta and its cemetery, and beyond
• Discerning Fodor’s Choice picks for hotels, restaurants, sights, and more
• “Word of Mouth” tips from fellow Fodor’s travelers
• Illustrated features on Iguazu Falls, gaucho country, and Argentina’s legendary characters—from Borges to Maradona to Evita
• Best shopping blitz tours, late-night clubbing, and dining (day or night)
Opinions from destination experts
• Fodor’s Buenos Aires-based writers reveal their favorite local haunts
• Frequently updated to provide the latest information