Synopses & Reviews
At last, a guidebook for the millions of readers who journeyed through the bestselling novel and were left ravenous for more information abou the true tales behind the mystery!
Fodor's Guide to The Da Vinci Code delves deep into the locations, people, historic events, and landmarks that populate the gripping thriller and that have captivated the masses. Following the path of protagonists Robert Langdon and Sophie Neveu, this lively read anticipates readers' curiosity, providing fascinating answers to questions the novel raises, such as: Do cryptexes really exist? Is there a secret chamber below Rosslyn Chapel? Is there really a Priory de Sion? And what did conservators discover when they restored Leonardo's fresco The Last Supper? Each selection unravels another layer of the mystery through photographs, interviews with experts, and solidly researched pieces written in an accessible style. Designed for browsing and exploring at leisure, Fodor's Guide to The Da Vinci Code is a captivating mix of substance and style, making it a must-read for every Da Vinci Code devotee.
- Photographs of related artwork and key story locales
- A travel section featuring unique suggestions on where to go, stay, and eat for Da Vinci Code disciples who want to take the ultimate self-guided tour
- City maps and floor plans
- The expertise of resident writers in Paris, Rome, London, and Scotland
Following the path of protagonist Robert Langdon and Sophie Neveu, this illustrated companion book to Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" delves deep into the locations, people, historic events, and landmarks that populate the gripping thriller that has captivated the masses.
'This fully illustrated guide to the best-selling novel gives you fresh insight into the Da Vinci Code
phenomenon. Following the path of the novel\'s characters, Fodor\'s Guide to The Da Vinci Code
delves into the locations, people, historic events, and symbols involved in the story.
Inside you\'ll find answers to questions such as: Do cryptexes really exist? Is there a secret chamber below Rosslyn Chapel? And what did conservators discover when they restored Leonardo\'s The Last Supper? Photographs interviews, maps, and smart lively essays from experts in their fields reveal the eye-opening true tales behind the mystery.
• Gorgeous, full-color photography of the novel\'s locations and images of key artwork
• Compelling interviews and essays from experts in their fields
• Detailed maps and floor plans
• BONUS! An exclusive travel sections of Da Vinci Code-related places to eat, stay and see in Paris, London, Rome, and Roslin, Scotland'