Synopses & Reviews
Fodor's Italy 2001
"Fodor's guides cover culture authoritatively and rarely miss a sight or museum." - National Geographic Traveler
"The king of guidebooks." - Newsweek
No matter what your budget or whether it's your first trip or fifteenth, Fodor's Gold Guides get you where you want to go.
New for 2001! Your personal supply of Post-it® flags makes it easy to mark your favorite listings and keep track of frequently used pages.
Color planning sections help you decide where to go with region-by-region virtual tours and cross-referencing to the main text.
Full-size, foldout map keeps you on course.
Insider info that's totally up to date. Every year our local experts give you the inside track, showing you all the things to see and do -- from must-see sights to off-the-beaten-path adventures, from shopping to outdoor fun.
Hundreds of hotel and restaurant choices in all price ranges -- from budget-friendly B&Bs to luxury hotels, from casual eateries to the hottest new restaurants, complete with thorough reviews showing what makes each place special.
Smart Travel Tips A to Z section helps you take care of the nitty gritty with essential local contacts and great advice--from how to take your mountain bike with you to what to do in an emergency.
We've compiled a helpful list of guidebooks that complement Fodor's Italy 2001. To learn more about them, just enter the title in the keyword search box.
- Fodor's upCLOSE Italy: Designed for travelers who want to travel well and spend less.
- Fodor's Exploring Italy: An information-rich cultural guide in full color.
- Fodor's Escape to the Amalfi Coast: Full-color guide highlighting 25 one-of-a-kind experiences in Capri, Positano, Sorrento, and the Bay of Naples.
- Fodor's Escape to Tuscany: Full-color guide highlighting 25 one-of-a-kind experiences in Tuscany.
- Fodor's Exploring Tuscany: An information-rich cultural guide in full color.
- Fodor's Florence, Tuscany, Umbria
- Fodor's Rome 2001
- Fodor's Holy Rome: A millenium guide to the Christian sights.