Synopses & Reviews
This new edition features expanded beach coverage, with “Best For” rankings that help travelers choose the perfect beach. Brand new hotel (including Disney’s new Oahu resort), restaurant, shop and bar reviews provide fresh tips for staying and playing.
Illustrated Features: Use our illustrated map of Waikiki for the best dining, drinking, shopping and exploring spots. Pearl Harbor anchors gives visitors the background and tips necessary for visiting this historic site. You can’t visit Hawaii without a surf experience! Our North Shore surfing anchor points out the best spots and times to catch the big wave pros in action. Other illustrated features teach travelers snorkeling tips and about Hawaii’s unique culture, from lei to luau to hula.
Indispensable Trip Planning Tools: Top Experiences and Great Itineraries help travelers make the most of their island time. This guide also has useful tips for families and people planning Hawaiian weddings and honeymoons. The Experience chapter helps travelers pick the best beaches and outdoor adventures. A top water activities chart lets you choose your perfect water excursion. Illustrated plant and marine life identification keys are useful tools for hikers and snorkelers.
Discerning Recommendations: Fodor’s Oahu offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their visit. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks, from hotels to nightlife. “Word of Mouth” quotes from fellow travelers provide valuable insights.
• Make your trip to Oahu unforgettable with illustrated features, 35 maps, and 160 color photos
Customize your trip with simple planning tools
• Top experiences and attractions
• Water activity chart
• Easy-to-read color regional maps
Explore Honolulu, the North Shore’s beaches, Windward Oahu, and beyond
• Discerning Fodor’s Choice picks for hotels, restaurants, sights, and more
• “Word of Mouth” tips from fellow Fodor’s travelers
• Illustrated features on Pearl Harbor, Waikiki, and surfing on the North Shore
• Best beachcombing, nightlife, and shopping
Opinions from destination experts
• Fodor’s Oahu-based writers reveal their favorite local haunts
• Frequently updated to provide the latest information