Synopses & Reviews
Set foot into the worlds greatest architectural wonder and you will marvel at the ancient civilization that crafted such elaborate temples only to disappear in the 14th century. Walk around jungle-clad Ta Prohm, where the temple and forest are slowly merging together, and you will sense how mysterious this land appeared to early explorers. Footprint focus Angkor Wat has been carefully researched to provide you with a thorough background to this fascinating ancient city. Featuring detailed information on Angkor Wat, including maps of temples within the site, this guide also covers equally popular attractions in the surrounding area.
· Essentials section with useful advice on getting to and around Angkor Wat.
· Highlights maps so you know what not to miss.
· Comprehensive, up-to-date listings of where to eat, sleep and party.
· Detailed maps for key sights within Angkor Wat and street maps for towns in the area.
· Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Loaded with advice and information, this concise Footprint focus guide will help you get the most out Angkor Wat without weighing you down.
The content of Footprint focus Angkor Wat guide has been extracted from Footprints Cambodia Handbook.
Brimming with information and insight into this legendary city, Footprint focus Angkor Wat is the ideal guide to the ancient temples of Cambodias spiritual capital as well as fascinating destinations in the region.
About the Author
Andrew Spooner is a feature, travel and sports writer and photographer. His work appears regularly in The Independent on Sunday, The Independent, CNN Traveller, The Guardian, the Observer, GQ and Bike. He has also taught Media and Journalism, part time, at the University of East London. After travelling to Thailand in 1989, Andrew developed a fascination with the country and now shares his time between Bangkok and London
Table of Contents
1) Angkor and around The royal city of Angkor Thom, Outlying temples, Anlong Veng, Siem Reap, Kompong Thom, TBeng Meanchey and around.