Synopses & Reviews
For Yourself offers a step-by-step program developed by an acclaimed sex therapist with years of experience in the field. With an emphasis on clear, factual advice, simple, effective exercises, and a warm, reassuring tone, it helps women discover a new world of fulfillment - for themselves.
- 225 A detailed description of female sexual response
- 225 Step-by-step exercises that will help gradually awaken dormant sexuality
- 225 Explanations that dispel misunderstandings about sex and sexual response
- 225 Insights into the essential role of mental and emotional attitude toward sexual gratification
- 225 And more
This newly revised edition of the classic bestseller that has sold nearly a million copies offers a step-by-step program for women to discover the wisdom of their own bodies, learning to enjoy sex not just to please a partner or live up to imagined expectations, but for themselves. Includes simple, effective exercises and a warm, reassuring tone.
About the Author
Dr. Lonnie Barbach received her M.A. and Ph.D. in clinical social psychology from the Wright Institute in Berkeley, California. She is now on the clinical faculty of the University of California Medical School in San Francisco and also has a private practice. Among her several bestselling books on sex and relationships are For Yourself, Pleasures, Going the Distance, The Pause, Seductions, The Erotic Edge, and Erotic Interludes, her book with her partner, David Geisinger, Ph.D. They live in Mill Valley, California, with their daughter, Tess.
Table of Contents
For Yourself Introduction
1. Sex and Orgasm
2. Sources of Sexual Confusion
3. Where Are You Now?
4. The First Steps Toward Change
5. The Anatomy and Physiology of Female Sexuality
6. Psychological Aspects of Reaching Orgasm
7. Why Masturbation?
9. Elaborating on What You've Learned
10. Rethinking Sexual Goals
12. Partner Exercises
13. Sexual Expansion
14. Sex and Pregnancy, Menopause, and Aging
15. Your Responsibility to Your Body
16. Bringing Up Children Sexually
17. Personal Liberation