Synopses & Reviews
Learning the fundamentals of chemistry can be a difficult task to undertake for health professionals. For over 35 years, this book has helped them master the chemistry skills they need to succeed. It provides them with clear and logical explanations of chemical concepts and problem solving. They’ll learn how to apply concepts with the help of worked out examples. In addition, Chemistry in Action features and conceptual questions checks brings together the understanding of chemistry and relates chemistry to things health professionals experience on a regular basis.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Chemistry.
2. Standards for Measurement.
3. Elements and Compounds.
4.Properties of Matter.
5. Early Atomic Theory and Structure.
6. Nomenclature of Inorganic Compounds.
7. Quantitative Composition of Compounds.
8. Chemical Equations.
9. Calculations from Chemical Equations.
10. Modern Atomic Theory and the Periodic Table.
11. Chemical Bonds: The Formation of Compounds from Atoms.
12. The Gaseous State of Matter.
13. Properties of Liquids.
15. Acids, Bases, and Salts.
16. Chemical Equilibrium.