Synopses & Reviews
Recommended by Parents' Choice, 1998
It's easy! It's fun!
16 games and songs about food, cooking, tableware, and cleaning up!
48-page book with stickers
What a great way to learn French with your children! Developed by the experts at Living Language
, this book and cassette program includes 16 easy, fun, and effective language games centered around kitchen activities. Learn basic French words and phrases while cooking, setting the table, or cleaning up. No previous knowledge of the language is required.
The 48-page activity book includes:
- 16 games and activities such as Alphabetics, Sandwich Building, Silverware Silliness, Taste Test, Graham Cracker House, and Recycling It All
- Step-by-step instructions, with preparation and completion times
- 40 color stickers illustrating the most important words
- Additional scrapbook activities for each game
- A two-way glossary (English-French, French-English)
- Transcripts and translations of the songs and rhymes from the recordings
The 60-minute cassette includes:
- Two narrators guiding you through the program in French and English
- French words and phrases with time to repeat after the native speakers
- Children's songs and rhymes, old favorites and new ones, too