Synopses & Reviews
Day by Days are the only guides that help travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip.
• Full-color package at an affordable price
• Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and attractions
• Foldout front covers with maps and quick-reference information
• Tear-resistant map in a handy, reclosable plastic wallet
• Handy pocket-sized trim
Boston Day by Day is the perfect answer for travelers who want to know the best places to visit and the best way to see the city. This attractively priced, four-color guide offers dozens of itineraries that show you how to see the best of Boston in a short time--with bulleted maps that lead the way from sight to sight. Featuring a full range of thematic and neighborhood tours, plus dining, lodging, shopping, nightlife, and practical visitor info, Boston Day by Day is the only guide that helps travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip. Inside this book you'll find:
- Full color throughout with hundreds of photos and dozens of maps
- Sample one- to three-day itineraries that include Boston with Kids, The Freedom Trail, Hidden Cambridge, and more
- Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants and attractions clue readers in on great finds and values
- Tear-resistant foldout map in a handy, reclosable plastic wallet
- Foldout front cover, with at-a-glance maps and quick-reference info
A colorful travel series that explains how to see the best a city has to offer in a short period of time presents dozens of itineraries that include a range of thematic and neighborhood tours, along with bulleted maps, dining and lodging suggestions, star ratings of hotels and restaurants, local attractions, hundreds of color photographs, and other practical visitor information.
23 Self-guided Tours. 40 Maps. One Great Trip.
At last, a travel guide that tells you how to see the best of everything—in the smartest, most time-efficient way.
- The best of Boston in one, two, or three days
- Thematic tours for every interest, schedule, and taste
- Walking tours of the city's best-loved neighborhoods
- Hundreds of evocative color photos
- Bulleted maps that show you how to go from place to place
- Hotels, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife for all budgets
- A tear-resistant foldout map—enclosed in a handy plastic wallet you can also use for tickets and souvenirs
Frommer's. The best trips start here.
Visit us online at Frommers.com
Includes half - and full-day tours for families, architecture aficionados, and history buffs; neighborhood walks and the best way to experience Boston's Freedom Trail
About the Author
Marie Morris grew up in New York and graduated from Harvard, where she studied history. She lives in Boston and has worked for the Boston Herald, Boston magazine, and the New York Times. She’s the author of Boston For Dummies, Irreverent Guide to Boston, and she covers Boston for Frommer’s New England.
Table of Contents
14 Favorite Moments.
1 The Best Full-Day Tours.
The Best in One Day.
The Best in Two Days.
The Best in Three Days.
2 The Best Special-Interest Tours.
Boston with Kids.
Copley Square Architecture.
Tying the Freedom Trail Together.
3 The Best Neighborhood Tours.
The North End.
The South End.
4 The Best Shopping.
Shopping Best Bets.
Downtown Boston Shopping.
Back Bay Shopping.
Harvard Square Shopping.
Boston Shopping A to Z.
5 The Best of the Outdoors.
The Public Garden & Boston Common.
Boston’s Colonial Cemeteries.
6 The Best Dining.
Dining Best Bets.
Back Bay Dining.
Boston Dining A to Z.
7 The Best Nightlife.
Nightlife Best Bets.
Boston Nightlife A to Z.
8 The Best Arts & Entertainment.
Boston Arts & Entertainment.
Arts & Entertainment Best Bets.
Arts & Entertainment A to Z.
9 The Best Lodging.
Lodging Best Bets.
Lodging A to Z.
10 The Best Day Trips & Excursions.
The Savvy Traveler.
Before You Go.
Boston: A Brief History.
Boston Art & Architecture.
Toll-Free Numbers and Websites.