Synopses & Reviews
Find out where the locals feast on the freshest lobster, fried clams, and New England chowder. See chapter 1.
Easy-to-read maps throughout
Exact prices, directions, opening hours,and other practical information
Candid reviews of hotels and restaurants,plus sights, shopping, and nightlife
Itineraries, walking tours, and trip-planning ideas
Insider tips from local expert authors
Find news, deals, apps, expert advice,and travel forums at Frommers.com
- Completely updated every year
- Our expert author, a longtime Cape Cod resident, offers tips on beating the famously awful traffic on the Cape.
- Once you're there, she fills you in on the best clam shacks on the Cape, Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard.
- Check out the different itineraries with recommendations if you've got a week, two weeks, bringing along the kids, or just want to spend time on the islands.
Frommer's Complete Guides
- America's #1 bestselling travel series
- More full-color guides than ever before
- Foldout maps in annual guides
- Outspoken opinions, exact prices, and insider tips
About the Author
Laura M. Reckford is a writer and editor living on Cape Cod. Formerly the managing editor of Cape Cod Life Magazine, she has also been on the editorial staff of Good Housekeeping magazine and Entertainment Weekly. She is currently news editor for the Falmouth Enterprise. She is also author of Frommer’s Cape Cod, Nantucket & Martha’s Vineyard Day by Day, and a contributor to Frommer’s New England.
Table of Contents
List of Maps vi
1 THE BEST OF CAPE COD & THE ISLANDS 1
2 CAPE COD IN DEPTH 14
3 SUGGESTED ITINERARIES 38
4 THE UPPER CAPE 51
5 THE MID CAPE 89
6 THE LOWER CAPE 126
7 THE OUTER CAPE 161
8 NANTUCKET 205
9 MARTHA'S VINEYARD 236
10 PLANNING YOUR TRIP TO CAPE COD & THE ISLANDS 270