Synopses & Reviews
Dublin Day By Day
is the perfect pocket guide book for independent travellers providing a practical, colourful format with useful, clear maps and expertly designed tours. The guide highlights the must-see places and offers knowledgeable opinion on where to stay, eat and shop.
- Includes special interest tours: Dublin's Heroes; Dublin with Kids; Georgian Dublin; Vikings & Medieval Dublin, Trinity College and the Book of Kells,Dublin's Heroes; Dublin with Kids; Georgian Dublin; Vikings & Medieval Dublin, Trinity College and the Book of Kells
- Details great neighbourhood walking tours around the North of Royal Canal, the Docklands (including U2 studios), The Liffey Boardwalk, Grafton Street, the Grand Canal and Portobello, and Kilmainham to Phoenix Park. around the North of Royal Canal, the Docklands (including U2 studios), The Liffey Boardwalk, Grafton Street, the Grand Canal and Portobello, and Kilmainham to Phoenix Park.
- Discover exciting day trips from the city to Powerscourt, Dún Laoghaire, and Howth.
- Reviews of the best nightlife, shopping and dining the city has to offer.
- Helpful tips and all you need to know to make the most of your trip in the Savvy Traveler chapter.
- Maps to accompany every tour as well as a fold-out regional map in plastic case.
19 Self-guided Tours. 33 Maps. One Great Trip.
At last, a travel guide that tells you how to see the best of everythingin the smartest, most time-efficient way.
The best of Dublin in one, two, or three days
Thematic tours for every interest, schedule, and taste
Hundreds of evocative photos
Bulleted maps that show you how to go from place to place
Hotels, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife for all budgets
A tear-resistant foldout mapenclosed in a handy plastic wallet you can also use for tickets and souvenirs
About the Author
Bradford-born and with Dublin roots, Emma Levine spent eight years living, working, and traveling in Asia as an author and photographer, specializing in cricket culture in India and Pakistan. Attention then turned to strange sports in Kyrgyzstan and Iran, and another book and TV series later she returned to England, and is now based in London. With itchy feet rarely soothed, Emma writes travel guides (and thankfully still travels) to far-flung cities around the world, still loving adventures and following sport. Emma is also the author and photographer of Frommer's Istanbul Day by Day.
Table of Contents
13 Favorite Moments.
1 The Best Full-Day Tours.
The Best in One Day.
The Best in Two Days.
The Best in Three Days.
2 The Best Special-Interest Tours.
Dublin with Kids.
Vikings & Medieval Dubh Linn.
3 The Best Neighborhood Walks.
North of Royal Canal.
Around Grafton Street.
Grand Canal to Portobello.
Kilmainham to Phoenix Park.
4 The Best Shopping.
Shopping Best Bets.
Dublin Shopping A to Z.
5 The Best of the Outdoors.
St. Stephen's Green & Iveagh Gardens.
6 The Best Dining.
Dining Best Bets.
Dublin Dining A to Z.
7 The Best Nightlife.
Nightlife Best Bets.
Dublin Nightlife A to Z.
8 The Best Arts & Entertainment.
Arts & Entertainment Best Bets.
Arts & Entertainment A to Z.
9 The Best Lodging.
Lodging Best Bets.
Dublin Lodging A to Z.
10 The Best Day Trips & Excursions.
Powerscourt House & Gardens.
Dún Laoghaire to Dalkey.
The Savvy Traveler.
Before You Go.
Dublin: A Brief History.
Dublin's Movies & Literature.
Transport Numbers & Websites.