Synopses & Reviews
"Written by travel veterans with a nose for comfort
. Accuracy: high." Details magazine Everything You Need for an Unforgettableand AffordableTrip!
- Inviting places to stay, from budget beachfront resorts to cool upcountry B&Bsfor less than $40 per person a night!
- Great dining at unbelievably low prices, from $5 plate lunches to the best all-you-can-eat luaus
- A complete guide to Hawaii's fabulous beaches
- What to see and do for free (or almost): Pearl Harbor, Hawaii Volcanoes National Parks, rainforest walks, hula showsplus the best deals on golf, snorkel gear, sunset cruises,and scuba outfitters
- A shopper's guide to affordable island art, aloha shirts, and more
Frommer's. The Name You Can Trust. Find us online at www.frommers.com
Starting back in 1957 with Arthur Frommer's travel guide classic, Europe on $5 a Day, this series is now recognized as the most trusted source for great travel bargains. Frommer's helps travelers keep an eye on the bottom line without sacrificing comfort, fun, and style!
These books offer:
-- Tips on getting the best deals on everything from airfares to package tours
-- An in-depth directory to low-cost restaurants and affordable shopping and nightlife
-- Exact prices so travelers can plan their budgets carefully
-- The best things to do for free (or almost!)
-- Accurate, detailed maps carefully keyed to the text
New features for Fall 2001 include a star-rating system, special icons, and more.
About the Author
About the Authors A resident of the Big Island, Jeanette Foster has skied the slopes of Mauna Keaduring a Fourth of July ski meet, no lessand scuba dived with manta rays off the Kona Coast. A prolific writer widely published in travel, sports, and adventure magazines, she also co-authors Frommer's Honolulu, Waikiki & Oahu, Frommer's Maui, and Frommer's Hawaii with Jocelyn Fujii. Kauai-born Jocelyn Fujii, a resident of Honolulu, is one of Hawaii's leading journalists. She has authored Under the Hula Moon: Living in Hawaii and The Best of Hawaii, as well as articles for the New York Times, National Geographic Traveler, Diversion, Condé Nast Traveler, Travel Holiday, Avenues, Westways, and other national and international publications.
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
1. The Best of Hawaii from $70 a Day.
2. Planning an Affordable Trip to Hawaii.
3. For Foreign Visitors.
4. Oahu, the Gathering Place.
5. Hawaii: The Big Island.
6. Maui, the Valley Isle.
7. Molokai, the Most Hawaiian Isle.
8. Lanai: Low-Cost Living in the Land of the Rich & Famous.
9. Kauai, the Garden Isle.
Appendix: The Hawaiian Islands in Depth.
1. Hawaii Yesterday & Today.
Did You Know?
2. Life & Language.
A Glossary of Hawaiian Words.
3. A Taste of Hawaii.
Ahi, Ono & Opakapaka: A Hawaiian Seafood Primer.
4. The Natural World: An Environmental Guide to the Islands.