Synopses & Reviews
These attractively priced, four-color guides offer dozens of neighborhood and thematic tours, complete with hundreds of photos and bulleted maps that lead the way from sight to sight. Day by Days are the only guides that help travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip.
• Full-color package at an affordable price
• Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and attractions
• Foldout front covers with maps and quick-reference information
• Tear-resistant map in a handy, reclosable plastic wallet
• Handy pocket-sized trim
- Includes special interest tours that appeal to food lovers, architecture buffs, history enthusiasts and business travelers
- Details great neighborhood walking tours through the Central and Western Districts, Kowloon, the Hong Kong Land Loop, and Cheung Chau Island
- Includes day trips to Macau, the outlying islands, the New Territories and Guangzhou
- Features a Chinese-language appendix that includes Chinese ideograms as well as pinyin
17 Self-guided Tours. 30 Maps. One Great Trip.
At last, a travel guide that tells you how to see the best of everything—in the smartest, most time-efficient way.
The best of Hong Kong in one, two, or three days
Thematic tours for every interest, schedule, and taste
Walking tours of the city's best-loved neighborhoods
Hundreds of evocative color photos
Bulleted maps that show you how to get from place to place
Hotels, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife for all budgets
A tear-resistant foldout map—enclosed in a handy plastic wallet you can also use for tickets and souvenirs
Frommer's. The best trips start here.
Visit us online at Frommers.com
About the Author
Alex Ortolani worked as a journalist in Hong Kong and Beijing for over 3 years. He has master’s degrees in creative writing and African literature and was a Fulbright scholar in South Africa.
Table of Contents
10 Favorite Moments.
1 The Best Full-Day Tours.
The Best in One Day.
The Best in Two Days.
The Best in Three Days.
2 The Best Special-Interest Tours.
Chinese Hong Kong.
The Best Museums & Galleries.
Hong Kong Architecture.
British Hong Kong.
3 The Best Neighborhood Walks.
Yau Ma Tei & Mongkok.
The Best Walk in Tsim Sha Tsui.
The Best Walk in Central & Western.
4 The Best Shopping.
Shopping Best Bets.
Shopping A to Z.
5 The Best of the Outdoors.
Hong Kong Beaches.
Hong Kong Hikes.
6 The Best Dining.
Dining Best Bets.
Restaurants A to Z.
7 The Best Nightlife.
Nightlife Best Bets.
Nightlife A to Z.
8 The Best Arts & Entertainment.
Arts & Entertainment Best Bets.
Arts & Entertainment A to Z.
9 The Best Lodging.
Lodging Best Bets.
Lodging A to Z.
10 The Best Day Trips & Excursions.
The Savvy Traveler.
Before You Go.
Hong Kong: A Brief History.
Useful Phrases & Menu Terms.
Toll-Free Numbers & Websites.