Synopses & Reviews
Lisbon Day By Day
is the perfect pocket guide book for independent travellers providing a practical, colourful format with useful, clear maps and expertly designed tours. The guide highlights the must-see places and offers knowledgeable opinion on where to stay, eat and shop.
- Includes special interest tours that appeal to romantics, art club fans, architectural enthusiasts, hero worshippers and those wanting a day on the tiles.
- Details great neighbourhood walking tours through Alfama, Graça Avenida, Parque, Baixa, Chiado, Bairro Alto, Cais do Sodré, Belém and Bairro Alto.
- Discover exciting day trips from the city.
- Discover where you can eat the best pasteis, pick up bric-a-brac at a market, or take refuge in botanic gardens.
- Helpful tips and all you need to know to make the most of your trip in the Savvy Traveller chapter.
- Maps to accompany every tour as well as a fold-out regional map in plastic case.
20 Self-guided Tours. 42 Maps. One Great Trip.
At last, a travel guide that tells you how to see the best of everythingin the smartest, most time-efficient way.
The best of Lisbon in one, two, or three days
Thematic tours for every interest, schedule, and taste
Hundreds of evocative photos
Bulleted maps that show you how to go from place to place
Hotels, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife for all budgets
A tear-resistant foldout mapenclosed in a handy plastic wallet you can also use for tickets and souvenirs
About the Author
Louise McGrath, a freelance writer and editor, has lived in England, the USA, Colombia, Spain and now Northern Ireland. She’s written/updated several guidebooks to Lisbon/Porto, Ireland/Dublin and the English Lake District, as well as dozens of guides worldwide for Whatsonwhen.
Table of Contents
10 Favorite Moments.
1 The Best Full-Day Tours.
The Best in One Day.
The Best in Two Days.
The Best in Three Days.
2 The Best Special-Interest Tours.
Child’s Play: Lisbon with Kids.
3 The Best Neighborhood Walks.
Cais do Sodré—Chiado—Bairro Alto.
4 The Best Shopping.
Shopping Best Bets.
Lisbon Shopping A to Z.
5 Lisbon Outdoors.
Parque Eduardo VII.
City Center Gardens.
Parque Florestal de Monsanto & Belém.
6 The Best Dining.
Dining Best Bets.
Lisbon Dining A to Z.
7 The Best Nightlife.
Nightlife Best Bets.
Lisbon Nightlife A to Z.
8 The Best Arts & Entertainment.
Arts & Entertainment Best Bets.
Arts & Entertainment A to Z.
9 The Best Lodging.
Lodging Best Bets.
Lisbon Lodging A to Z.
10 The Best Day Trips & Excursions.
Costa do Estoril Beach Hopping.
Cascais & Estoril.
The Savvy Traveler.
Before You Go.
Lisbon: A Brief History.