Synopses & Reviews
Frommer′s London 2013 gives you the insider knowledge on where and what to visit in this inspiring capital city.
Packed with detailed, opinionated and honest reviews, this guide gives you the low-down on what’s worth your time and what’s not, providing extensive listings of accommodation, attractions and restaurants in and around London whatever your budget.
The destinations are broken down into easy to navigate sections with itineraries and accompanying maps to help you to plan the perfect trip, according to your timeframe. This revamped and updated book features up-and-coming areas and includes East London with venues near Spitalfields and Brick Lane, Hoxton, Dalston and Stratford.
Discover where to eat the best British pub food or take afternoon tea; follow an itinerary that makes the most of your day; details of world-class museums and galleries, historic sights and Royal Palaces, and includes Warner Bros. Studios – Harry Potter Experience; tips and information on what to buy and where to shop for the latest trends; where to buy West End theatre tickets, or which are the best clubs and bars in London, plus suggestions for excursions and boat trips on the Thames, as well as day trips out to Bath, Cambridge, Oxford, Stonehenge and Salisbury and Windsor & Eton.
Importantly, this guide provides the latest trip-planning advice as well as top tips and a directory of useful contacts to ensure you make the most of your stay in this fantastic cultural city.
Frommer's Complete Guides
- America's #1 bestselling travel series
- More full-color guides than ever before
- Foldout maps in annual guides
- Outspoken opinions, exact prices, and insider tips
- Hundreds of photos
- Free pocket map inside,plus easy-to-read maps throughout
- Exact prices, directions, opening hours,and other practical information
- Candid reviews of hotels and restaurants,plus sights, shopping, and nightlife
- Itineraries, walking tours, and trip-planning ideas
- Insider tips from local expert authors
Table of Contents
List of Maps
1 The Best of London
2 London In Depth
3. Suggested London Itineraries
4. Exploring London
5 Eating Out in London
7 Entertainment & Nightlife
8 Staying in London
9 Side Trips
10 Planning & Fast Facts