Synopses & Reviews
These attractively priced, four-color guides offer dozens of neighborhood and thematic tours, complete with hundreds of photos and bulleted maps that lead the way from sight to sight. Day by Days are the only guides that help travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip.
- Full-color package at an affordable price
- Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and attractions
- Foldout front covers with maps and quick-reference information
- Tear-resistant map in a handy, reclosable plastic wallet
- Handy pocket-sized trim
Montréal Day by Day is the perfect answer for travelers who want to know the best places to visit and the best way to see the city. This attractively priced, four-color guide offers dozens of itineraries that show you how to see the best of Montréal in a short time--with bulleted maps that lead the way from sight to sight. Featuring a full range of thematic and neighborhood tours, plus dining, lodging, shopping, nightlife, and practical visitor info, Montréal Day by Day is the only guide that helps travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip. Inside this book you'll find:
- Full color throughout with hundreds of photos and dozens of maps
- Sample one- to three-day itineraries that include tours of Montréal's best cultural sights, Montréal's best places to eat, The Laurentians, and more
- Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants and attractions clue readers in on great finds and values
- Tear-resistant foldout map in a handy, reclosable plastic wallet
- Foldout front cover, with at-a-glance maps and quick-reference info
16 Self-guided Tours. 30 Maps. One Great Trip.
At last, a travel guide that tells you how to see the best of everything—in the smartest, most time-efficient way.
- The best of Montréal in one, two, or three days
- Thematic tours for every interest, schedule, and taste
- Walking tours of the island's best-loved neighborhoods
- Hundreds of evocative color photos
- Bulleted maps that show you how to go from place to place
- Hotels, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife for all budgets
- A tear-resistant foldout map—enclosed in a handy plastic wallet you can also use for tickets and souvenirs
Frommer's. The best trips start here.
Visit us online at Frommers.com
About the Author
Andre Legaspi, a freelance travel writer, started out writing lines of code during his college days at Montréal’s McGill University as a computer science student. Realizing that binary wasn’t exactly his cup of tea, he was introduced to the world of travel writing and has since collaborated on Frommer’s MTV Italy, Frommer’s MTV Europe, and Frommer’s MTV Spain. He’s also contributed to Jaunted.com.
Table of Contents
14 Favorite Moments.
1 The Best Full-Day Tours.
The Best in One Day.
The Best in Two Days.
The Best in Three Days.
2 Best Special-Interest Tours.
Montréal with Kids.
3 The Best Neighborhood Walks.
4 The Best Shopping.
Shopping Best Bets.
Shopping in Montréal.
Shopping in Central Montréal.
Montréal Shopping A to Z.
5 The Great Outdoors.
Parc du Mont-Royal & McGill University.
Parc Jean Drapeau.
6 The Best Dining.
Dining Best Bets.
Dining in the Plateau.
Dining in Montréal.
Restaurants A to Z.
7 The Best Nightlife.
Nightlife Best Bets.
Nightlife in the Plateau.
Nightlife in Centre-Ville.
Nightlife in Northeast Montréal.
Montréal Nightlife A to Z.
8 The Best Arts & Entertainment.
Arts & Entertainment Best Bets.
A & E in East Montréal.
A & E in West Montréal.
Montréal A & E A–Z.
9 The Best Hotels.
Hotel Best Bets.
Accommodations in Centre-Ville.
Hotels A to Z.
10 The Best Day Trips & Excursions.
Where to Stay.
Where to Dine.
The Savvy Traveler.
Before You Go.
A Brief History.
The Politics of Language.
Useful Phrases & Menu Terms.
Toll-Free Numbers & Websites.