Synopses & Reviews
- Our author, a longtime New Mexico resident, highlights all the top sights in New Mexico, from the best of Santa Fe's galleries and Native American pueblos to favorite white-water rafting trips and scenic drives. She's checked out all the state's best hotels and restaurants in person, and offers authoritative, candid reviews that will help you find the choices that suit your tastes and budget.
- Included is detailed coverage of the arts, history, and culture of New Mexico as well as ideas for active outdoor vacations.
- You'll also get in-depth information about Native American reservations and National Historic Parks as well as about the spa scence; accurate neighborhood maps; and advice on planning a successful family vacation.
- Easy-to-read maps throughout
- Exact prices, directions, opening hours, and other practical information
- Candid reviews of hotels and restaurants, plus sights, shopping, and nightlife
- Itineraries, walking tours, and trip-planning ideas
- Insider tips from local expert authors
About the Author
Lesley S. King grew up on a ranch in northern New Mexico, not far from where she currently lives. She's a freelance writer and photographer, and a columnist for New Mexico magazine. Formerly managing editor for The Santa Fean, she has written for The New York Times, United Airline's Hemispheres magazine, and Audubon, among other publications. She is the author of Frommer's Santa Fe, Taos & Albuquerque, Frommer's Great Outdoor Guide to Arizona & New Mexico, and New Mexico For Dummies. She is also the coauthor of Frommer's American Southwest. Her newest book, released in 2007, is King of the Road.
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
1 THE BEST OF NEW MEXICO.
2 NEW MEXICO IN DEPTH.
3 PLANNING YOUR TRIP TO NEW MEXICO.
4 SUGGESTED NEW MEXICO ITINERARIES.
5 THE ACTIVE VACATION PLANNER.
7 SANTA FE.
9 NORTHWESTERN NEW MEXICO.
10 NORTHEASTERN NEW MEXICO.
11 SOUTHWESTERN NEW MEXICO.
12 SOUTHEASTERN NEW MEXICO.
13 FAST FACTS.