Synopses & Reviews
America’s #1 bestselling travel series
Written by more than 175 outspoken travelers around the globe, Frommer’s Complete Guides help travelers experience places the way locals do.
- More annually updated guides than any other series
- 16-page color section and foldout map in all annual guides
- Outspoken opinions, exact prices, and suggested itineraries
- Dozens of detailed maps in an easy-to-read, two-color design
Explore the city with a real New Yorker, who gives you inside tips on hotels, restaurants, attractions, and nightlife.
- The best places to eat, from vintage delis to pizza joints to power palaces.
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions, and the latest news on the newest hotels, restaurants and hotspots in the City that Never Sleeps.
- The most frequently updated travel series on the market. Plus, online updates are available at Frommers.com so travelers don't have to worry about out-of-date information.
- Opinionated write-ups. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- All Complete guides offer user-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.
Frommer's. The best trips start here.
Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer.
Take a bite of the Big Apple with a native New Yorker, our expert author, who knows what's up (the Bronx) and what's down (the Battery).
Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip whatever your budget.
Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
Find great deals and book your trip at Frommers.com
About the Author
Brian Silverman is a freelance writer whose work has been published in Saveur, The New Yorker, Caribbean Travel & Life, Islands, and Four Seasons. Among the many topics he writes about are food, travel, sports, and music. He is the author of numerous books including Going, Going, Gone: The History, Lore, and Mystique of the Home Run, and the Twentieth Century Treasury of Sports. For Frommer’s, he has written Complete, Portable, and Budget guides to New York City, as well as New York City For Dummies. He lives in Manhattan with his wife and children.
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
What’s New in New York City.
1. The Best of the Big Apple.
2. New York City in Depth.
3. Planning Your Trip to New York City.
4. New York City Neighborhoods & Suggested Itineraries.
5. Where to Stay.
6. Where to Dine.
7. Exploring New York City.
9. New York City After Dark.
Appendix: Fast Facts, Toll-Free Numbers & Websites.