Synopses & Reviews
- BRAND NEW - FULL-COLOR GUIDE!
- Our authors, longtime Paris experts, show you the highlights. They hit the city's many classic attractions, including its best museums (from the Louvre to the Fragonard Musee du Parfum). They also describe major churches, historical and architectural highlights, literary landmarks and beautiful Parisian parks and gardens.
- Paris prides itself on being the world's culinary capital. Our authors explore all the cuisines Paris has to offer--from regional cuisine of Alsace and Basque, to haute dining and nouvelle cuisine, to finding the perfect Parisian pastry, to family friendly restaurants.
- Detailed listings show you the best places to shop in Paris, from small antiques shops and vintage clothing stores to open-air galleries and art markets, food markets and cutting-edge designer boutiques.
- The guide also includes side trips to Versailles, Giverny (long-time home of Monet), Chartres and Disneyland Paris.
- PLUS: Hundreds of color photos, foldout map and detailed maps throughout, as well as exact prices, directions, opening hours,and other practical information
Opinionated write-ups. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way. Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people. All Complete guides offer user-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences. The latest, savviest trip-planning advice--from saving money on airfares to renting a cell phone abroad to the latest advice on sustainable travel-to help readers make the most of their time and money.
Frommer's expert writers take visitors into the heart of the City of Light. Exact prices are listed for every establishment and activity, and no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. Original.
Frommer's Paris 2010
Full Color Inside
With Foldout Map
Hundreds of color photos
Foldout map, plus detailed maps throughout
Exact prices, directions, opening hours,and other practical information
Candid reviews of hotels and restaurants,plus sights, shopping, and nightlife
Itineraries, walking tours, and trip-planning ideas
Insider tips from local expert authors
About the Author
As a team of veteran travel writers, Darwin Porter and Danforth Prince have produced numerous titles for Frommer’s which have included Italy, France, the Caribbean, England, Austria, and Germany. A fi lm critic, columnist, and broadcaster, Porter is also a Hollywood biographer. Recent releases by Darwin include Brando Unzipped, documenting the private life of Marlon Brando, and Jacko: His Rise and Fall, the fi rst complete biography ever written on the tumultuous life of Michael Jackson. Prince was formerly employed by the Paris bureau of the New York Times and is today the president of Blood Moon Productions and other media-related fi rms. Porter and Prince's latest non-travel-related venture, jointly co-authored and published in 2008 by Blood Moon, is Hollywood Babylon-It’s Back!, which one critic described as "the hottest compilation of inter-generational scandal in the history of Hollywood."
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
1 THE BEST OF PARIS.
2 PARIS IN DEPTH.
3 PLANNING YOUR TRIP TO PARIS.
4 SUGGESTED PARIS ITINERARIES.
5 WHERE TO STAY.
6 WHERE TO DINE.
7 EXPLORING PARIS.
8 STROLLING AROUND PARIS.
9 SHOPPING IN PARIS.
10 PARIS AFTER DARK.
11 SIDE TRIPS FROM PARIS.
12 FAST FACTS: PARIS.
13 USEFUL TERMS & PHRASES.