Synopses & Reviews
Frommer's Portable Guides offer all the detailed information and insider advice of a Frommer's Complete Guide — but in a concise, pocket-sized format. Perfect for the short-term traveler who insists on value and doesn't want to wade through or carry a full-size guidebook, this series selects the very best choices in all price categories and takes you straight to the top sights. Get the latest on hotels, restaurants, sightseeing, sports, shopping, and nightlife in a nutshell in these lightweight, inexpensive guides.
The first edition of Frommer's Portable Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard has something for everyone whether you're looking for romance or family fun. You'll find details on the best accommodations, beaches, bike rides, shops, and art galleries.
Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer. And avoid tourist traps. At Frommer's, we use 150 outspoken travel experts around the world to help you make the right choices. Frommer's. Your guide to a world of travel experience.
Put the Best of Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard in Your Pocket
- An insider's view to these unique islands.
- Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
- Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip no matter what your budget.
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
- The best hotels and restaurants in every price range, with candid reviews.
Find great deals and book your trip at Frommers.com
The only guide to both of Massachusetts' vacation islands, where populations swell during the summer from 12,000 to 60,000 (on Nantucket) and from 16,000 to 120,000 (on Martha's Vineyard).
About the Author
Laura M. Reckford is a writer and editor who lives on Cape Cod. Formerly the managing editor of Cape Cod Life Magazine, she has also been on the editorial staffs of Good Housekeeping magazine and Entertainment Weekly. She is currently the news editor of the Falmouth Enterprise newspaper. She is also the author of Frommer’s Cape Cod, Nantucket & Martha’s Vineyard.
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
1. The Best of Nantucket & Martha’s Vineyard.
2. Planning Your Trip to Nantucket & Martha’s Vineyard.
3. Settling into Nantucket.
4. Exploring Nantucket.
5. Settling into Martha’s Vineyard.
6. Exploring Martha’s Vineyard.
7. Where to Stay & Dine in Hyannis or Woods Hole.