Synopses & Reviews
Prague Day by Day
offers dozens of neighborhood and thematic tours, complete with hundreds of photos and bulleted maps that lead the way from sight to sight. Day by Days are the only guides that help travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip.
- This new, completely updated edition includes recommendations on the best restaurants, accommodation, and attractions based on your tastes and budgets, and a foldout map to help you navigate your way around.
- Includes special interest tours that focus on families, romance, Kafka's Prague, Communist Prague, and more
- Neighborhood walks wind through Old Town, the Jewish Quarter, Malá Strana, and the Castle District
- Side trips take visitors to the 14th-century Karlštejn Castle, Konopište, and the stunning Renaissance town of Ceský Krumlov
- With a Czech-English glossary of useful phrases and menu terms
18 Self-guided Tours. 29 Maps. One Great Trip.
At last, a travel guide that tells you how to see the best of everything—in the smartest, most time-efficient way.
The best of Prague in one, two, or three days
Thematic tours for every interest, schedule, and taste
Walking tours of the city's best-loved neighborhoods
Hundreds of evocative color photos
Bulleted maps that show you how to get from place to place
Hotels, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife for all budgets
A tear-resistant foldout map—enclosed in a handy plastic wallet you can also use for tickets and souvenirs
Find news, deals, apps, and expert advice,plus connect with other travelers at Frommers.com
About the Author
Journalist, photographer, and freelance writer Mark Baker has lived in Prague off and on since 1991. He was one of the original editors of The Prague Post and a long-time radio correspondent with Prague-based Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. He is a frequent contributor to the Wall Street Journal Europe and National Geographic Traveler, among other publications.
Table of Contents
12 Favorite Moments.
1 The Best Full-Day Tours.
The Best in One Day.
The Best in Two Days.
The Best in Three Days.
2 The Best Special-Interest Tours.
A Day at Prague Castle (Prazsk; hrad).
Prague with Kids.
3 The Best Neighborhood Walks.
The Jewish Quarter (Josefov).
The Lesser Town (Malá Strana).
The Castle District (Hradcany).
The Old Town (Staré Mêsto).
4 The Best Shopping.
Shopping Best Bets.
Prague Shopping A to Z.
5 The Best of the Outdoors.
A Walk Across Petrín Hill.
Lounging in Letná (Letenské sady).
The Hidden Gardens of Malá Strana.
6 The Best Dining.
Dining Best Bets.
Prague Restaurants A to Z.
7 The Best Nightlife.
Nightlife Best Bets.
Prague Nightlife A to Z.
8 The Best Arts & Entertainment.
Arts & Entertainment Best Bets.
Prague A&E A to Z.
9 The Best Lodging.
Lodging Best Bets.
Prague Hotels A to Z.
10 The Best Day Trips & Excursions.
Charming Cesk; Krumlov.
Bone-Chilling Kutná Hora.
The Savvy Traveler.
Before You Go.
Prague's Architectural Mix.
Recommended Films & Books.
Useful Phrases & Menu Terms.