Synopses & Reviews
America’s #1 bestselling travel series
Written by more than 175 outspoken travelers around the globe, Frommer’s Complete Guides help travelers experience places the way locals do.
- More annually updated guides than any other series
- 16-page color section and foldout map in all annual guides
- Outspoken opinions, exact prices, and suggested itineraries
- Dozens of detailed maps in an easy-to-read, two-color design
*Full colour, tear proof, water resistant pull out map
* Complete coverage of San Diego's top sites, plus side trips to Temecula's wineries, Disneyland and Tijuana
* User friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds and insider tips
Frommer's. The best trips start here.
Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer.
- Detailed reviews of the best hotels, restaurants, and attractions, plus side trips to Temecula's wineries, Disneyland, Tijuana, and more.
Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip whatever your budget.
Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
Find great deals and book your trip at Frommers.com
About the Author
A third-generation Southern Californian, Mark Hiss is a writer and photographer who has lived in San Diego for more than 25 years. He was founding editor of the visitor guide Where San Diego and Performances, the playbill magazine for the city’s leading performing arts venues. He is also a recovering publicist who spent many years working for several of San Diego’s top theater companies.
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
What’s New in San Diego.
1. The Best of San Diego.
2. Planning Your Trip to San Diego.
3. Suggested San Diego Itineraries (Caroline Sieg).
4. Getting to Know San Diego.
5. Where to Stay.
6. Where to Dine.
7. What to See & Do.
8. City Strolls.
10. San Diego After Dark.
11. Side Trips from San Diego.
Appendix: San Diego in Depth.