Synopses & Reviews
- Full-color throughout
- Free full-color, foldout map
- Completely updated every year
- Insider advice on everything from the best offbeat experiences in the Emerald City, to the best things to do on a rainy day.
- Where to find the freshest seafood (DUCK when they throw that salmon at Pike Place Market!), as well as expressly where to partake in Seattle's romance with espresso.
- Insightful commentary on the wide-ranging and innovative arts and culture scene, from outdoor sculpture and drama to music and museums (including the museum about music, the EMP).
- Heading out from Seattle. Our author outlines daytrips and weekend excursions to the gorgeous national parks, Puget Sound islands, and the nearby wine country.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.
Frommer's Complete Guides - IN FULL COLOR
- America's #1 bestselling travel series
- More full-color guides than ever before
- Foldout maps in annual guides
- Outspoken opinions, exact prices, and insider tips
Hundreds of color photos
Free pocket map inside,plus easy-to-read maps throughout
Exact prices, directions, opening hours,and other practical information
Candid reviews of hotels and restaurants,plus sights, shopping, and nightlife
Itineraries, walking tours, and trip-planning ideas
Insider tips from local expert author
About the Author
Karl Samson lives in Oregon, where he spends his time juggling his obsessions with traveling, gardening, outdoor sports, and wine. Each winter, to dry out his webbed feet, he flees the soggy Northwest to update the Frommer’s Arizona guide. Karl is also the author of Frommer’s Portland, Frommer’s Oregon, and Frommer’s Washington State.
Table of Contents
List of Maps vi
1 THE BEST OF SEATTLE 1
2 SEATTLE IN DEPTH 10
3 SUGGESTED SEATTLE ITINERARIES 27
4 WHERE TO STAY 41
5 WHERE TO EAT 71
6 EXPLORING SEATTLE 118
7 CITY STROLLS 169
8 SEATTLE SHOPPING 189
9 SEATTLE AFTER DARK 208
10 SIDE TRIPS FROM SEATTLE 230
11 PLANNING YOUR TRIP TO SEATTLE 300