Synopses & Reviews
Up-to-date, broad-based training for fire service candidates and in-service professionals.Written by experienced fire service faculty from colleges and fire departments, Fundamentals of Fire Protection provides a solid introduction to the full range of fire protection topics. Designed for classroom instruction or self-study, this resource is ideal for students preparing to enter the field or fire protection professionals who want to advance their career.
Comprehensive coverage--from fire basics to fire department operations.
- Fire History and Contemporary Life
- Understanding America's Fire Problem
- Understanding Fire Behavior
- Building Design and Construction
- Fire Department Structure and Management
- Fire Department Facilities and Equipment
- Preventing Fire Loss
- Controlling Fire Loss through Active Fire Protection Systems
- Fire Investigation
- Planning for Emergency Response
- Public and Private Support Organizations
- Careers in Fire Protection
- Based on objectives established by the National Fire Academy.
Fundamentals is the only text organized around the Fundamentals of Fire Protection course developed by NFA's Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) Conference. Comprised of faculty from over 100 institutions of higher learning with a fire science curriculum, FESHE's model curriculum sets uniform objectives for quality fire and emergency services education.
Easy for instructors to use and for students to understand. Fundamentals of Fire Protection's 12 chapters are designed for a 12- or 13-week semester of study. Each chapter features measurable educational objectives based on those developed by FESHE, review questions with answer key, and student activities.