Synopses & Reviews
Get prepared quickly by:
- Enhancing your test-taking skills
- Reviewing the GED test question types and formats
- Taking a complete practice test and getting full answer explanations for all problems
Prep fast for the GED® Test with the basics
Want to take the GED test but don’t know if you’re ready? This is the perfect resource for you! Get the basics to gauge your preparation and review practice questions to hone your skills. This hands-on study guide will help you become familiar with the ins and outs of the GED test format to make sure you don’t encounter surprises on test day!
- Let’s review—understand the different GED test sections and question types, as well as details for registering for the exam
- Know the score—get the lowdown on how scores are determined and what your score means
- The computerized test—explore the details of taking the computerized test, with tips on using the keyboard and mouse
- All new—prepare for the new 2014 GED test with updated content that reflects all the most recent changes
- Just the basics—jump in to the perfect exam prep to get just the basics and prepare properly for the GED test
Open the book and find:
- Tips for registering for the test and understanding your score
- Details of taking the GED test when English is your second language
- Tricks to preparing for the computerized GED test
- Specifics about the types of questions on the GED test
- One full-length practice test with answers and explanations for each question to help you prepare
- What you need to know to pass the GED test on your first try
GED Test For Dummies, Quick Prep Edition is competitively priced at $7.99 for those who just want the basics of the new test and a chance to gauge their readiness. Updated content reflects test-prep instruction and question types which apply to the 2014 GED test rolling out in January.
Solid test prep is the key to passing the GED
Want to take the GED test but don’t know if you’re ready? This is the perfect resource for you! Get the basics to gauge how far you’ve progressed in your test preparation and review practice questions to hone your skills further. This great hands-on study guide will also help you become familiar with the ins and outs of the test format to make sure there are no surprises on the day of your GED test!
This complete guide provides test-prep instruction and information on the question types that apply to the 2014 GED test, and provides a quick check-up to test your preparedness. Practice is the best way to avoid surprises on test day, and GED Test for Dummies, Quick Prep Edition offers you multiple avenues to confirm your readiness. The book features a number of important study tools, including:
- A quick introduction to the test, plus navigation tips that help you stay focused
- A full-length practice test with answers that lets you know exactly what to expect
- Quick confirmation of strengths and weaknesses, so you can better use your study time
After passing the GED exam, you’re more likely to continue your education, and more likely to become financially secure. You’re already doing something great by preparing for the test, and the GED Test for Dummies, Quick Prep Edition can help ensure the positive outcome you deserve.
About the Author
Murray Shukyn designs programs and teaching materials for GED test preparation. Dale E. Shuttleworth, PhD, has extensive experience in speaking and writing about educational issues and GED test training. Achim K. Krull, BA, MAT, has written a variety of learning materials as well, including textbooks and teachers’ guides. The authors are all former teachers and have taught school at every level, from elementary through university.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started with the GED Test 3
Chapter 1: Taking a Quick Glance at the GED Test 5
Chapter 2: Examining the Ins and Outs of the New Computerized GED Test 15
Chapter 3: Tackling the GED Test’s Four Sections 37
Chapter 4: Succeeding on the GED Test 51
Part II: A Full-Length Practice GED Test 61
Chapter 5: Section 1: Reasoning Through Language Arts 63
Chapter 6: Section 2: Social Studies 85
Chapter 7: Section 3: Science 103
Chapter 8: Section 4: Mathematical Reasoning 123
Chapter 9: Answers and Explanations 143