Synopses & Reviews
A quick-hit, question-and-answer review for the American Board of Surgery In-Training Exam
General Surgery ABSITE and Board Review is your most effective weapon in preparing for the ABSITE (American Board of Surgery In-Training Exam) and the general surgery board exams. It is a quick, active-recall review of the most important information you need, with over 3000 rapid-fire questions and numerous performance-improving pearls. Like “flashcards in a book,” the rapid-fire Q&A format facilitates study alone or with a partner. Only correct answers are given to prevent you from memorizing the wrong answer. The fourth edition includes more most/least likely questions, a common question format on the boards, and updated art. A series redesign makes the book easier to read and more pleasing to the eye.
This rapid, effective review ensures your best possible performance in the shortest possible study time. There is no easier or faster way to guarantee that you perform your best on these exams!
- Bull's Eye Hits on ABSITE and general surgery board exam topics--the meaningful and the frequently tested
- Tools to Imprint Your Memory--pearls, drills, mnemonics, visual imagery, even humor, and other tested learning aids
- Fast Results--from rapid-fire, to-the-point Q&As that quickly embed the facts you need to know and enhance quick recall
- No Confusing Wrong Answers to clutter your memory
Written to help with last-minute test preparation, General Surgery ABSITE and Board Review: Pearls of Wisdom
provides quick, active-recall review of the most pertinent information you'll need to boost your score on test day. Completely updated to reflect the most current information available, it includes hundreds of quick-hit questions along with answers to get you ready for the exam.
With more most/least likely questions than the previous edition, plus updated art, this practical and comprehensive test guide presents sample questions in the same format used on the boards; only the correct answers are provided, so you won't accidentally memorize inaccurate information. In addition, the Q&A format enables you to review alone or with a partner. General Surgery ABSITE and Board Review: Pearls of Wisdom works in conjunction with other course books.
About the Author
Matthew Blecha, MD, is Associate Director of Surgical Education in the Department of Surgery at St. Joseph Hospital in Chicago. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA, in 2001 and completed his general surgery residency at St. Joseph Hospital in Chicago, IL in 2006. He scored in the 90th percentile or higher on his ABSITE exams.
Table of Contents
General Surgery Board and ABSITE Review: Pearls of Wisdom, 4/e
1. Abdomen Pearls: Liver, Gallbladder, Pancreas, and Spleen
2. Esophagus, Stomach, Duodenum, and GI Physiology Pearls
3. Small Intestine, Colon, Rectum, and Anus Pearls
4. Appendix, Abdominal Wall, and Retroperitoneal Pearls
5. Surgical Critical Care Pearls: Shock, Electrolytes, Nutrition, and Wound Care
6. Trauma and Burn Pearls
7. Surgical Infection and Complication Pearls
8. Surgical Endocrinology Pearls
9. Breast Pearls
10. Skin, Soft-Tissue, and Miscellaneous General Surgical Pearls
11. Vascular Surgery Pearls
12. Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery Pearls
13. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Pearls
14. Orthopedic and Hand Surgery Pearls
15. Pediatric Surgery Pearls
16. Genitourinary and Gynecology Pearls
17. Head, Neck, and ENT Pearls
18. Neurosurgery Pearls
19. Anesthesia Pearls
20. Medical Oncology, Hematology, and Coagulation Pearls
21. Immunology and Transplantation Pearls
References and Suggested Text Readings for General Surgeons'