Synopses & Reviews
Master the fundamentals of genetics with Schaum'sthe high-performance study guide. It will help you cut study time, hone problem-solving skills, and achieve your personal best on exams and projects!
Students love Schaum's Outlines because they produce results. Each year, hundreds of thousands of students improve their test scores and final grades with these indispensable study guides.
Get the edge on your classmates. Use Schaum's!
If you don't have a lot of time but want to excel in class, this book helps you:
- Use detailed examples to solve problems
- Brush up before tests
- Find answers fast
- Study quickly and more effectively
- Get the big picture without poring over lengthy textbooks
Schaum's Outlines give you the information your teachers expect you to know in a handy and succinct formatwithout overwhelming you with unnecessary jargon. You get a complete overview of the subject. Plus, you get plenty of practice exercises to test your skill. Compatible with any classroom text, Schaum's let you study at your own pace and remind you of all the important facts you need to rememberfast! And Schaum's are so complete, they're perfect for preparing for graduate or professional exams.
Inside, you will find:
- New chapters on Gene Structure and Regulation, Mitochondrial Inheritance, and developmental genetics
- Solved problems that supplement any immunology course
- Complete discussions of classic inheritance and population genetics, molecular genetics, biotechnology and more
- Latest developments in cloning and the human genome
If you want top grades and a thorough understanding of immunology, this powerful study tool is the best tutor you can have!
Related Titles in Schaum's Outlines
- Biochemistry, 2nd Ed.
- Biology, 2nd Ed.
- General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry
- Genetics, 3rd Ed.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology, 2nd Ed.
- Mathematics for Nurses
- Organic Chemistry, 3rd Ed.
- Physics for Pre-Med, Biology, and Allied Health Students
Tough Test Questions? Missed Lectures? Not Enough Time?
Fortunately for you, there's Schaum's.
More than 40 million students have trusted Schaum's to help them succeed in the classroom and on exams. Schaum's is the key to faster learning and higher grades in every subject. Each Outline presents all the essential course information in an easy-to-follow, topic-by-topic format. You also get hundreds of examples, solved problems, and practice exercises to test your skills.
This Schaum's Outline gives you
- 450 fully solved problems
- Complete review of all course fundamentals
- Hundreds of examples with explanations of genetics concepts
- Exercises to help you test your mastery of genetics
Fully compatible with your classroom text, Schaum's highlights all the important facts you need to know. Use Schaum's to shorten your study time--and get your best test scores!
Topics include: The Physical Basis of Heredity; Patterns of Inheritance; The Biochemical Casis of Heredity; Genetic Interactions; The Genetics of Sex; Linkage and Chromosome Mapping; Cytogenetics; Quantitative Genetics; Population Genetics and Evolution; Genetics of Bacteria; Viruses, Transposable Elements, and Cancer; Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology; and The Molecular Biology of Eukaryotes
Schaum's Outlines--Problem Solved.
Tough Test Questions?
Fortunately for you, there's Schaum's Outlines. More than 40 million students have trusted Schaum's to help them succeed in the classroom and on exams. Schaum's is the key to faster learning and higher grades in every subject. Each Outline presents all the essential course information in an easy-to-follow, topic-by-topic format. You also get hundreds of examples, solved problems, and practice exercises to test your skills.
This Schaum's Outline gives you
- Practice problems with full explanations that reinforce knowledge
- Coverage of the most up-to-date developments in your course field
- In-depth review of practices and applications
Fully compatible with your classroom text, Schaum's highlights all the important facts you need to know. Use Schaum's to shorten your study time-and get your best test scores!
Schaum's Outlines-Problem Solved.
About the Author
Susan L. Elrod
has degrees in biological sciences from California State University, Chico (B.S., 1986) and genetics from the University of California, Davis (Ph.D., 1995). Graduate work was followed by a postdoctoral fellowship at Novozymes Biotech, Inc., in Davis, California. Her research is focused on the molecular genetics of yeast and filamentous fungal systems, with a particular interest in industrial and environmental applications. She holds three patents and has published in the area of gene cloning and protein expression in Aspergillus oryzae. She has been an assistant professor in the Biological Sciences Department at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, since 1997, where she teaches introductory microbiology, industrial microbiology and biotechnology, molecular genetics, bioinformatics, and the history of biology.
William D. Stansfield has degrees in Agriculture (B.S., 1952), Education (M.A., 1960), and Genetics (M.S., 1962; Ph.D., 1963; University of California at Davis). His published research is in immunogenetics, twinning, and mouse genetics. From 1957 to 1959 he was an instructor in high school vocational in agriculture. He was a faculty member of the Biological Sciences Department of California Polytechnic State University from 1963 to 1992 and is now Emeritus Professor. He has written university-level textbooks in evolution and serology/immunology, and has coauthored a dictionary of genetics.
Table of Contents
Schaum's Outline of Genetics, 5ed
1. The Physical Basis of Heredity
2. Patterns of Inheritance
3. The Biochemical Casis of Heredity
4. Genetic Interactions
5. The Genetics of Sex
6. Linkage and Chromosome Mapping
8. Quantitative Genetics
9. Population Genetics and Evolution
10. Genetics of Bacteria
11. Viruses, Transposable Elements, and Cancer
12. Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology
13. The Molecular Biology of Eukaryotes