Synopses & Reviews
Master geometry with Schaum's Outline of Geometry
the high-performance study guideand cut your study time, hone problem-solving skills, and achieve your personal best on exams! Students love Schaum's Outlines because they produce results.
Each year, hundreds of thousands of students improve their test scores and final grades with these indispensable study guides. Get the edge on your classmates. Use Schaum's! If you don't have a lot of time but want to excel in class, use this book to: brush up before tests; find answers fast; study quickly and more effectively; get the big picture without spending hours poring over lengthy textbooks. Schaum's let you study at your own pace and remind you of all the important facts you need to rememberfast! And Schaum's are so complete, they're perfect for preparing for graduate or professional exams.
Inside Schaum's Outline of Geometry you will find:
- 712 fully worked problems with step-by-step solutions
- Hundreds of additional practice problems with answers at the back
- Coverage of all course fundamentals
- New graphing calculator methods
If you want top grades and a thorough understanding of geometry, this powerful study tool is the best tutor you can have! Chapters include:
- Fundamentals of Algebra: Laws and Operations
- Fundamentals of Algebra: Equations and Formulas
- Lines, Angles, and Triangles
- Methods of Proof
- Congruent Triangles
- Parallel Lines, Distances, and Angle Sums
- Parallelograms, Trapezoids, Medians, and Midpoints
- Regular Polygons and the Circle
- Inequalities and Indirect Reasoning
- Improvement of Reasoning
- Proofs of Important Theorems
- Transformational Geometry
- Formulas for Reference
- Introduction to the Graphing Calculator
- Answers to Supplementary Problems
Three million high school students and 172, 000 college students enroll in geometry classes every year. Schaum's Outline of Geometry, Third Edition, is fully updated to reflect the many changes in geometry curriculum, including new terminology and notation and a new chapter on how to use the graphing calculator.
About the Author
Barnett Rich holds a PH.D. from Columbia University. Among his many achievements are the 6 degrees that he earned and the 23 books that he wrote, among them Schaum's Outlines of Elementary Algebra, Modern Elementary Algebra, and Review of Elementary Algebra.
Table of Contents
Fundamentals of Algebra: Laws and Operations.
Fundamentals of Algebra: Equations and Formulas.
Lines, Angles, and Triangles.
Methods of Proof.
Methods of Proof.
Parallel Lines, Distances, and Angle Sums.
Parallelograms, Trapezoids, Medians, and Midpoints.
Regular Polygons and the Circle.
Inequalities and Indirect Reasoning.
Improvement of Reasoning.
Proofs of Important Theorems.