Synopses & Reviews
This book provides information that will help research students avoid needless mistakes. It informs and advises you about many of the important facets of postgraduate research, including:
* what it means to conduct research at doctoral level;
* the requirements for independence, contribution to knowledge, originality and suitability for publication;
* planning a research project over a period of time;
* responsible research practice;
* criteria used in the examination of a PhD.
"Getting a PhD "is an essential handbook for PhD students, and will provide plenty of useful advice for Masters students or undergraduates conducting a research project.