Synopses & Reviews
It's a Style Guide and a Guilty Pleasure!
- More Than 750 on-the-Street and Celebrity Dos & Don'ts
- 94 Illustrations Showing You How to Dress for Your Body Type
- 12 Amazing Makeovers to Learn from
- Foolproof Advice on What to Wear and What not to
- Great Style is Within Your Reach!
Have you ever...
- Worn pantyhose with open-toed shoes?
- Unintentionally flashed your boss with a too-low-cut dress?
- Realized, when exiting the pool, that your brand new swimsuit is totally see-through when wet?
- Otherwise committed a fashion slipup (or twenty)?
Then you need this book!
Finally! A what-to-wear guide for every situation, every budget, every body.
Learn from 750 on-the-street photos, expert makeovers and advice from top fashion designers.
There's not a woman alive who hasn't left the house wearing something regrettable, but Glamour is here to help. For 67 years, the magazine's beloved Dos & Don'ts column has made for hilarious rubbernecking, teaching readers invaluable lessons in style along the way. Now you can find all that fashion wisdom in one place. Read on you'll never have a Don't day again!
"Reading Dos & Don'ts is like talking to a best friend in the fashion industry who tells you the truth about how you look and what's in style, but always with a great sense of humor. The combination of learning and laughing makes Glamour's Dos & Don'ts a true one of a kind." Designer Michael Kors
This text will show readers that great style is within their reach, no matter their body or budget. More than 1,000 on-the-street photos and 150 illustrations help women dress to their strengths.
This book takes "Glamour's" best-loved feature and distills the advice into a new style guide perfect for any fashion situation. By focusing on what always works, and not flash-in-the-pan trends, the fashion advice always stays relevant and shows any reader that great style is within her reach. (Fashion)
About the Author
Cindi Leive has served as editor in chief of Glamour since 2001. Under her direction, Glamour has reached its highest circulation levels in the magazine's history and won the industry's biggest honor, the National Magazine Award for General Excellence.