Synopses & Reviews
Boost your bottom line with your $25 Google AdWords gift card see inside
Google has a pocketful of tools to help your organization flourish, and they're available at little or no cost. This hefty book covers Google Apps, Google Maps, cool search functions, security tools, and Google Analytics, and includes a $25 gift card you can use to get started with Google AdWords. How can you lose?
- Google Apps get e-mail, calendar, online documents and records, and more, for free
Search tools searching made Google a household word; who better to help you be sure your business shows up when customers search?
Google Maps and Google Base provide directions to your business, reviews, access to products and services, and even coupons online
Google Sites here's how to buy a site name, create your Web site, and keep it growing with your business
Super site tools use Google Docs, Checkout, and other tools to give your site all the e-commerce features
Ads and Analytics just what it takes to track traffic and get advertisers
Security choose tools to keep your e-mail, servers, computers, and files safe
Gadgetry add value to your site and apps with gadgets
Open the book and find:
- How to use Google Docs for collaboration
What you should have on your Start page
Google tool tips
Secrets for safer e-mail and instant messaging
How to go mobile with Google
Advice on using coupons effectively
Tips for creating gadgets that promote your business
Your Google AdWords gift card worth $25!
- Targets owners of small-to-medium-sized businesses, who may be unaware of all the free business tools Google offers; these people wear many hats and are eager for straightforward information that helps them improve their profit margin
- Packed with examples of Fortune 500 companies, such as Proctor & Gamble, as well as smaller organizations that are using Google Business Solutions to gain immediate impact
- Shows readers how to use AdWords, AdSense, Analytics, Apps, Blogger, Checkout, Webmaster Central, and Search Appliance to maximize their business solutions
- This one-volume library includes eight minibooks covering Webmaster and Google Pages; search engine optimization; Google Analytics; Gmail, Google Talk, and Blogger; Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, and Google Calendar; AdWords and AdSense; Google Gadgets and Open Social; and Google Postini
If you have a small business, you’ll love the Google tools that are available at little or no cost. Google Business Solutions All-in-One For Dummies
shows you how to use them all! Eight self-contained minibooks cover Google Apps, Google search tools for business, highlighting your business, creating a Web site with Google Sites, Google tools for your site, Google Ads and Analytics, securing business information, and getting noticed with Google Gadgets.
As if that wasn’t enough, there’s a Google AdWords™ gift card worth $25 inside the book, too!
- Get e-mail, calendar, online documents and records, and more, free in Google Apps
- Provide directions to your business, reviews, access to products and services, and even coupons online with Google Maps and Google Base
- Use Google Docs, Checkout, and other tools to give your site all the e-commerce features
- Track traffic and get advertisers with Google Ads and Analytics
- Choose tools to keep your e-mail, servers, computers, and files safe
- Create gadgets that promote your business and add value to your site
- Learn the secrets of search engine optimization the Google way
You’ll also find out how to use coupons effectively, how to keep e-mail and instant messaging safer, and how to make the most of Google AdWords. Google Business Solutions All-in-One For Dummies really DOES have it all!
About the Author
Bud E. Smith is a veteran technical writer. He is the author of all editions of Creating Web Pages For Dummies as well as books on AutoCAD, Web marketing, and Web graphics. Ryan Williams, a technical writer and digital media producer, is also the author of MySpace For Dummies and other books.
Table of Contents
Book I: Google Apps.
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Google Apps.
Chapter 2: Making Gmail Work for Your Business.
Chapter 3: Be More Productive with Google Calendar.
Chapter 4: Collaborating with Google Docs.
Chapter 5: Sharing Information with Google Sites.
Chapter 6: Creating Your Corporate Start Page.
Book II: Google Search Tools for Business.
Chapter 1: A Smart Tour of Google Search
Chapter 2: How Google Search Works.
Chapter 3: Understanding How Your Customers Use Google.
Chapter 4: Search Engine Optimization Basics.
Chapter 5: Adding Google Search to Your Site.
Book III: Highlighting Your Business.
Chapter 1: Standing Out on Google Maps.
Chapter 2: Listing in Google Maps Local Business Center.
Chapter 3: Attracting Customers with Google Coupons.
Chapter 4: Showcasing Your Stuff with Google Base.
Chapter 5: Feeding Your Products to Google Product Search.
Book IV: Creating a Web Site with Google Sites.
Chapter 1: Domain Names for Existing Businesses.
Chapter 2: Domain Names for New Companies and More.
Chapter 3: Buying a Domain Name.
Chapter 4: A Tour of Google Sites.
Chapter 5: Creating a Search-Friendly Site.
Chapter 6: Creating a Google Site.
Chapter 7: Editing a Google Site.
Book V: Google Tools for Your Site.
Chapter 1: Adding Google Documents to Your Web Site.
Chapter 2: Adding Google Media to Your Web Site.
Chapter 3: Adding Google Gadgets to Your Web Site.
Chapter 4: E-Commerce with Google Checkout.
Chapter 5: Adding a Blog with Blogger.
Book VI: Google Ads and Analytics.
Chapter 1: Introducing Google Ads.
Chapter 2: Creating Your First Google Ads.
Chapter 3: Selling More with Google Analysis Tools.
Chapter 4: Maximizing Your Site and Your AdWords Ads.
Book VII: Securing Business Information.
Chapter 1: Is Security Really That Important?
Chapter 2: Securing E-Mail.
Chapter 3: Avoiding Web and IM Security Risks.
Book VIII: Getting Noticed with Gadgets.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Google Gadgets.
Chapter 2: Creating Your First Google Gadgets.
Chapter 3: Creating Applications for Social Networks.
Chapter 4: Google Chrome and Gears.
Chapter 5: Going Mobile with Google.