Synopses & Reviews
A revised workbook to accompany Grasping God's Word textbook on reading, interpreting, and applying the Bible for college students and other serious readers.
"Excellent, practical, and accurate. It leads students from the most fundamental building blocks of interpretation (including skills that most beginning students lack) through all the essential processes."
--Craig S. Keener, Professor of New Testament, Eastern Seminary
Just as a rock climber's handhold enables him to master the mountain, a firm grasp on God's Word empowers us to traverse the challenging, risky slopes of life. This workbook is designed for use with the textbook Grasping God's Word. While the textbook shows you the principles and tools of interpretation, the workbook lets you try them out by applying them to specific genres and contexts. Together, these books will help you get a grip on the solid rock of Scripture--how to read it, how to interpret it, and how to apply it.
- Proven in classrooms across the country
- Emphasis on real-life application
- Supplemented by a website for professors providing extensive teaching materials
- Updates corresponding to the second edition of the textbook, including new exercises
Grasping God's Word progresses through the following five sections:
1. How to Read the Book--Basic Tools
2. Contexts--Now and Then
3. Meaning and Application
4. The Interpretive Journey--New Testament
5. The Interpretive Journey--Old Testament