Synopses & Reviews
REAs GRE Biology Test Prep with Practice Tests on CD Gets You into Grad School!
Higher GRE scores mean better options! Scoring well on the GRE Biology Subject Test doesnt just help you get into grad school, it helps move your career forward. So its worth every minute of your valuable time to be knowledgeable, confident, and prepared to do your best. REAs test prep will get you ready for the GRE and on your way to grad school!
Designed for students and professionals looking to advance their careers, this sixth edition of our popular test prep contains everything you need to succeed. Each targeted review chapter covers every topic tested on the GRE Biology Subject Test:
* Cell Structure
* Animal Structure
* Plant Structure
Our review contains all the information you need to master the material and achieve an excellent score. Detailed definitions and practice problems with solutions help reinforce key concepts and ideas.
The book includes three full-length practice tests based on the most recent GRE Biology exam. Each test contains every type of question that can be expected on the GRE so you can “practice for real” and boost your confidence before taking the exam.
Two of the books exams are featured on our TestWare CD with the most powerful scoring and diagnostic tools available today. Automatic scoring and instant reports help you zero in on the topics and types of questions that give you trouble now, so youll succeed when it counts! Our on-screen detailed explanations of answers help you identify your strengths and weaknesses. We dont just say which answers are right - we also explain why the other answer choices are incorrect - so youll be prepared on test day!
Our exclusive Pro Study Plan helps you maximize your valuable study time while learning effective test-taking strategies and timesaving tips from the pros.
If youre serious about your career and are ready to take on the GRE Biology Subject Test - get the most comprehensive guide on the market today!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED ON THE GRE BIOLOGY TEST!
If youre serious about your career, use the most comprehensive GRE book on the market today. GRE BIOLOGY TEST HIGHER SCORES MEAN BETTER OPTIONS
Scoring well on the GRE Biology test doesnt just help you get into grad school, it helps move your career forward. So its worth every minute you can spare to be knowledgeable and confident. ORGANIZE YOUR TIME
Our exclusive Pro Study Plan gives you a complete road map from now until test day to help you prepare for the GRE Biology test as efficiently as possible. REFRESH YOUR GRE BIOLOGY CONTENT KNOWLEDGE
Everything you need to know for the GRE Biology test, presented in concise sections that work easily into a busy schedule. BUILD CONFIDENCE WITH GRE BIOLOGY PRACTICE EXAMS
With 3 full-length GRE Biology exams, youll know exactly how youre doing every step of the way. And with each repetition, youll measure your progress and build confidence. TOTAL EXPLANATIONS OF GRE BIOLOGY QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Each GRE Biology practice test comes with detailed feedback on every question. We dont just say which answers are right - but explain why the others are wrong, so youll be prepared for the GRE Biology exam. GET THE WORLDS MOST ADVANCED GRE BIOLOGY SOFTWARE
REAs GRE Biology TestWare combines a realistic GRE test environment with the most powerful scoring analysis and diagnostic tools available. With every GRE Biology practice test you take, youll gain knowledge and confidence for the real exam. Automatic scoring and instant reports help you zero in on the topics and types of GRE Biology questions that give you trouble now, so youll succeed on the GRE.
About the Author
Linda Gregory, Ph.D.
University of Victoria
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Larry “Zack” Florence, Ph.D.
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Marilyn Florence, M.A.
Kevin S. Reilley, B.S.
Table of Contents
About Research & Education Association
Installing REAs TestWare®
Pro Study Plan
CHAPTER 1 - Introduction
About This Book and TestWare® About REAs Test Experts
About the Test Format of the GRE Biology Test
About the Review
How to Prepare for the GRE Biology Test Scoring the Test Test-Taking Strategies
The Day of the Test During the Test
CHAPTER 2 - Cellular Structure and Function
1. Biological Compounds
2. Enzyme Activity, Receptor Binding, and Regulation
3. Major Metabolic Pathways and Regulation
4. Membrane Dynamics and Cell Surfaces
5. Organelles: Structure, Function, and Targeting
6. Cytoskeleton, Motility, and Shape 7. Cell Cycle, Growth, Division, and Regulation CHAPTER 3 - Genetics and Molecular Biology
1. Genetic Foundations
2. Chromosomes and Karyotypes
3. Genome Sequence Organization 4. Genome Maintenance 5. Gene Expression and Regulation: Effects
7. Bacteriophages, Animal Viruses, and Plant Viruses
8. Recombinant DNA Methodology
CHAPTER 4 - Animal Structure, Function, and Organization, Overview and Terminology
1. Exchange with Environment
2. Internal Transport and Exchange 3. Support and Movement 4. Integration Mechanisms and Control
5. Metabolic Rates
CHAPTER 5 - Animal Reproduction and Development
1. Reproductive Structures 2. Meiosis, Gametogenesis, and Fertilization
3. Early Development (e.g., Polarity, Cleavage, and Gastrulation)
4. Developmental Processes 5. External Control Mechanisms CHAPTER 6 - Plant Structure, Function, and Organization, with Emphasis on Flowering Plants Overview
1. Tissues, Tissue Systems, and Organs 2. Water Transport, Including Absorption and Transpiration 3. Phloem Transport and Storage 4. Plant Mineral Nutrition
5. Plant Energetics: Respiration and Photosynthesis
CHAPTER 7 - Plant Reproduction, Growth, and Development with Emphasis on Flowering Plants
1. Reproductive Structures
2. Meiosis and Gametogenesis 3. Gametogensis and Fertilization CHAPTER 8 - Diversity of Life
1. Classification of Living Organisms
2. Current Classification Methods: Three Domains 3. Phylogenetic Systematics: Analyzing Clades
4. Previous Classification Scheme: Five Kingdoms
CHAPTER 9 - Ecology 1. The Distribution of Organisms
2. Behavioral Ecology
3. Population Ecology 4. Community Ecology
CHAPTER 10 - Evolution
1. Genetic Variability
2. Evolutionary Processes 3. Evolutionary Consequences
4. History of Life PRACTICE TEST 1 Answer Key Detailed Explanations of Answers PRACTICE TEST 2
Detailed Explanations of Answers PRACTICE TEST 3
Detailed Explanations of Answers