Synopses & Reviews
The newest title in the best-selling Great Expectations series tackles all aspects of a topic every new mom and dad is eager to master: getting baby to sleep!
In their reassuring parent-to-parent voice, experts Sandy and Marcie Jones unravel the mysteries of how, when, and under what circumstances babies sleep in a clear and logical way that will comfort and sustain weary parents. They offer:
- An explanation of how a babyand#8217;s sleep differs from that of children and adults
- Advice on which sleep difficulties might indicate a medical problem.
- Bulleted coping strategies for an array of issues
- QandA sidebars in which Sandy and Marcie give answers to common questions
- Compelling and#147;bitesand#8221; of recent sleep research
Moms and dads suffering through sleepless nights with baby will especially appreciate the quotes and strategies from other parents who have gone through the experience. Plus: a review of the most effective sleep-related products; useful Web resources; and a comprehensive dictionary of medical and sleep terms.