Synopses & Reviews
This is our sixth set of Happy, Healthy Pet
titles. Like the others, they are books pet owners can turn to for the essential information they need to raise a healthy pet.
All books contain information on:
- health care
- what to expect from the pet
- basic training
As our series expands and focuses on different kinds of pets, the emphasis remains on making the pet a companion. In addition, owners of more unusual pets will particularly appreciate the expert advice in these books because professional care for their animals may be difficult to come by. As always, the instruction is from expert—people who know their pet intimately, but also remember what it was like to have one for the first time.
Happy, Healthy Pet guides are rich with professional quality color photos and are designed to be enjoyable and easy to learn from.
Giving pet owners the information they need to take the best possible care of their pets.
The authoritative information and advice you need, illustrated throughout with full-color photographs—now revised and redesigned to be even more reader-friendly!
- An illustrated look at colors and breeds
- The story of how guinea pigs were domesticated
- Advice on selecting a guinea pig
- Pointers on feeding, grooming, and health
- Tips on understanding guinea pig behavior
- Fun activities to enjoy with your guinea pig
The authoritative information and advice you need, illustrated throughout with full-color photographs--now revised and redesigned to be even more reader-friendly!
* An illustrated look at colors and breeds
* The story of how guinea pigs were domesticated
* Advice on selecting a guinea pig
* Pointers on feeding, grooming, and health
* Tips on understanding guinea pig behavior
* Fun activities to enjoy with your guinea pig
At last, a book about your pet that emphasizes total care, training and companionship!
The Guinea Pig includes beautiful color photos of these wonderful pets, a description of recognized guinea pig breeds, sound advice on keeping both indoor and outdoor guinea pigs, insights into your guinea pig's behavior and much more. You'll learn the right way to hold your guinea pig, how to introduce your guinea pig to other pets in the family, as well as the latest in small animal health and emergency care.
The Guinea Pig is written by a small animal expert, and best of all, it's full of easy-to-reference sidebars and fun facts to make caring for your pet guinea pig easy and enjoyable.
About the Author
Audrey Paviais an award-winning freelance writer who specializes in animal subjects. She has written sixteen books and hundreds of articles about animals. Audrey is a frequent contributor to Critters USAmagazine, a former 4-H project member, and shares her home in California with a variety of pets.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: About Guinea Pigs.
1. The History of the Guinea Pig.
2. Guinea Pigs as Pets.
3. Breeds of Guinea Pigs.
PART TWO: Caring for Your Guinea Pig.
4. Bringing Your Guinea Pig Home.
5. Indoor Guinea Pigs.
6. Outdoor Guinea Pigs.
7. Nutrition and Grooming.
8. Keeping Your Guinea Pig Healthy.
PART THREE: Enjoying Your Guinea Pig.
9. Understanding Your Guinea Pig.
10. Fun with Your Guinea Pig.
PART FOUR: Beyond the Basics.
11. Recommended Reading.