Synopses & Reviews
This book is the powerboating equivalent to Heavy Weather Sailing
- the classic and bestselling sailing reference on the Adlard Coles list. Like Heavy Weather Sailing
, it features chapters on the theory of operating powerboats in rough seas as well as invaluable heavy weather experiences, and the lessons learned. Edited by Hugo Montgomery-Swan (Editor of RIB International) contributors include leading powerboating names, from record-breakers to endurance achievers to instructors and trainers, and RNLI coxwains - an A-list line-up.
· Offshore endurance and record breaking
· Ocean voyaging
· Small boat adventuring
· Navigating tidal waters in bad weather
· Speed at sea
· Surf helming tactics
· Safety and recovery in rough seas
· Effects on the human body
· Advanced helming techniques
About the Author
Hugo Montgomery-Swan is the Editor of RIB International. He has gathered together contributions from an amazing collection of speed and endurance record breakers, SAS boat drivers, powerboat instructors, RNLI coxwains and world powerboating champions for this ground-breaking book. This A-list line-up presents an unparalleled body of expertise.