Synopses & Reviews
Official Scanner Handbook Equip Your Creativity Whether you are looking to buy your first scanner or to get more out of the one you already own, you'll find all the information you need about how scanners work and how much you can do with them in the Hewlett-Packard®
Official Scanner Handbook.
- Find out what you really need to look for when selecting a scanner
- Master the basics of resolution, interpolation, and color calibration
- Turn any typed documents into editable text
- Discover some simple tricks for getting better scans
- Select the best image-editing software for retouching and dressing up scans
- Optimize color for traditional printing and for Web publishing
- Learn what to do when your scanner won't cooperateor troubleshooting 101
- Create custom cards, decals, book covers, party favors, fabric, and even wallpaper
- Discover new ways to use your scannerfrom screensavers to business presentations to Web art
With more than 40 step-by-step projects covering a wide range of activities for both home and business, this engaging guide will help you produce distinctive documents and designs, showing you throughout how to use your scanner more efficientlyand always more creatively. Reader Level: Beginning to Intermediate Shelving Category: Hardware/Scanners www.idgbooks.com
About the Author
About the Authors David D. Busch, a former photographer, is the award-winning author of nearly sixty books and several thousand magazine articles. He has reviewed virtually every Hewlett-Packard scanner for Computer Shopper, Windows Sources, Windows Magazine, Macworld, and Home PC. Susan Krzywicki is an artist and technical writer. Laurel Burden is a graphic designer. Foreword by Carolyn M. Ticknor, President and Chief Executive Officer, LaserJet Imaging Systems, Hewlett-Packard.
Table of Contents
PART I: Using Scanners.
Chapter 1: Scanner Basics.
Chapter 2: How Scanners Work.
Chapter 3: Installation Tips.
Chapter 4: Resolution, Interpolation, and Sharp Images.
Chapter 5: Optimizing Color.
Chapter 6: Getting Better Scans.
Chapter 7: Image Editing.
Chapter 8: Scanner Troubleshooter.
PART II: Scanner Projects.
Chapter 9: Getting Started.
Chapter 10: Projects for the Office.
Chapter 11: Advanced Office Projects.
Chapter 12: Projects for the Home.
Chapter 13: Projects for Kids.
Chapter 14: Seasonal Projects.
Chapter 15: Projects for Web Sites.
Appendix: Resource Kit.