Synopses & Reviews
The independent developer has ascended, and the new business model demands agility. You have to be able to work on all aspects of game creation, and your team's game will publish directly to platforms like Android, iPhone, and Facebook. You'll use Unity, the hottest game engine out there, to do it. In order to earn your place on the elite development team, you must master both sides of the development coin: art and programming.
Holistic Game Development with Unity is an authoritative guide to creating games in Unity. Taking you through game design, programming, and art, Penny de Byl uses a holistic approach to equip you with the multidisciplinary skills you need for the independent games industry. With this book, you will master essential digital art and design principles while learning the programming skills necessary to build interactivity into your games. The tutorials will put these skills into action. The companion website offers: source code for completed projects from the book, art assets, instructional videos, a forum, author blog and lesson plans and challenge questions for professors.
Examines art and programming in unison-the only one-stop shop for individual developers and small teams looking to tackle both tasks.
- Examines art and programming in unison-the only one-stop shop for individual developers and small teams looking to tackle both tasks.
- Teaches, using proven, step-by-step tutorials, how to design and structure and entire game in Unity with art assets created in Blender.
- Presents a gentle introduction to essential 2D and 3D mathematical and physics concepts.
- Provides a portfolio of reusable game mechanics.
- Companion website offers source code for completed projects featured in the book, art assets, instructional videos, author blog, and discussion forum, as well as lesson plans and challenge questions for professors.
Table of Contents
- Essential 3D Review
- Review C# language
- Unity Components (Work in as we go?
- Common Mathematics and Physics Used in 3D:
- Essential 3D Paradigms
- Artificial Intelligence
- 2D Look in a 3D Engine