Synopses & Reviews
The Certification Kit CD includes hands-on web-based activities. The material presented provides readers with background knowledge, hands-on experience and overall confidence to prepare for the CompTIA HTI+ exams, and for a solid career in the growing field of "smart" installations. The Certification Kit provides activities related to the residential environment, standards, codes and regulations, the computer network, telecommunications, audio/video subsystem, security and surveillance, home automation systems, low voltage media, high voltage and electrical protection systems, residential systems integration, installation planning and implementation, rough-in, trim-out, finish phase-testing and troubleshooting, multiple-dwelling unit wiring, and customer support.
Table of Contents
1. The Residential Environment.
2. Standards, Codes and Regulations.
3. The Computer Network.
5. Audio/Video Subsystem.
6. Security and Surveillance.
7. Home Automation Systems: Lighting, HVAC, Water and Access.
8. Low Voltage Media.
9. High Voltage and Electrical Protection Systems.
10. Residential Systems Integration.
11. Installation Planning and Implementation.
14. Finish Phase-Testing and Troubleshooting.
15. Multiple-Dwelling Unit Wiring.
16. Customer Support.