Synopses & Reviews
Linda Dobson, author of Homeschooling: The Early Years, The Homeschooling Book of Answers, and The Art of Education, is the news editor and columnist for Home Education Magazine. She is also a member of the National Home Education Network. The mother of three homeschooled children, she lives in Rainbow Lake, New York.
The formative years of a child's life lay the foundation for developing learning skills that last a lifetime. Linda Dobson, one of the most respected authors in the field, offers smart solutions to teaching the very young child at home.
Table of Contents
Introduction: The Homeschool Learning Journey
Part One: Preparing for Your Family's Learning Journey
1. The Homeschool Learning Journey and Today's Family
2. Ready for Success: Learning Assets of the Early Years Child
3. The Joy of Learning with the Early Years Child
4. Getting You ready for Homeschooling
Part Two: A World of Curriculum Choice Instills Lifelong Love of Learning
5. Learning to Read, Reading to Learn
6. Writing: Dear Grandma
7. Arithmetic: 12 Cookies ÷ 3 Siblings = 4 Cookies for Me!
8. Beyond the 3 R's: Covering the Rest
9. Tailoring Homeschooling to Your Family's Unique Needs
Part Three: Keeping the Learning Journey Fun and Successful
10. Resources for Your Learning Journey
11. The Learning Journey Merges onto the Information Superhighway
12. Homeschoolers' Top Three Destinations
13. Accommodating Younger Learners
14. Keeping House (and Sanity!) As You Homeschool
15. Part-Time Homeschooling: Complementing Private and Public Schooling
16. Enjoying the Road Less Traveled