Synopses & Reviews
A modern classic, updated for today’s classroom needs
No skill is more fundamental to our students’ education than reading. And no recent book has done more to advance our understanding of the neuroscience behind this so-critical skill than David Sousa’s How the Brain Learns to Read.
Top among the second edition’s many new features are:
- Correlations to the Common Core State Standards
- A new chapter on how to teach for comprehension
- Much more on helping older struggling readers master subject-area content
- Ways to tailor strategies to the unique needs of struggling learners
- Key links between how the brain learns spoken and written language
This exciting new edition from David A Sousa examines source material on brain research and provides classroom reading strategies for teachers, based on the most current findings.