Synopses & Reviews
* New! Zip through the learning curve in a snap with the free DVD! * Hundreds of new Photo Objects, companion project files, QuickTime movie tutorials, sample plugins, and more.
* Dont miss the website www.howtocheatinphotoshop.com where the author answers your reader questions directly!
When youre short on time with crunching deadlines, but theres no way you can sacrifice quality, this book/DVD comes to the rescue. Nobody knows more about how to work fast under pressure and still produce top-notch photographic images than hands-on graphic artist and journalist, Steve Caplin.
Steve cuts through the grind with on-the-job, do-it-now skills, techniques, and shortcuts guaranteed to show you how to work faster, smarter, and better to produce the best work of your life. With a lifetime of practical experience in photo-montage Steve is the go-to person for professional designers, graphic artists, illustrators, photographic retouchers, and students of design media and illustration who want to create photorealistic effects using Photoshop.
Updated for Photoshop CS3, this must-have resource is also backwards compatible - relevant to any version of Photoshop.
'How to Cheat in Photoshop CS3' helps you "cheat in" (or take advantage of) Photoshop in two important ways. You learn how to make images look like photographs, when theyre not so that you can create photographic work without a studio. And you find useful shortcuts to work more efficiently, economically, and with quick solutions to achieve the same superb results that come from long, complex operations that take forever.
Whether youre working for print or the web, dip into this book and extract the info you need '" fast. Icons mark where Photoshop files or movie tutorials are available for you to open immediately to try for yourself. Stuck? Visit the Reader Forum on the web and question the author directly (and expect other readers to weigh in, too!) at www.howtocheatinphotoshop.com.
Crammed with gems that other books simply dont cover, this book/DVD excels in practical tips to turn the ordinary into the awe-inspiring, quickly. Dont miss how to create new artwork from scratch from starting points that arent always obvious.
This fully updated new edition shows you how to get the most out of Photoshop CS3, including the Quick Selection and Cloning tools, and more. Yet its backwards compatible with previous releases of Photoshop. The book's step-by-step tutorials alongside the DVD packed with hundreds of images, project files, and live tutorials show you how to:
* Create convincing smoke effects and make effective explosions '" the simple way
* Take years off someones appearance
* Turn a photograph of someone looking straight into the camera into a different perspective with the entire head (not just the eyes)
* Modify a statue so it looks like a living person or paint hair directly on any surface
* Produce the perfect cutout in the shortest time with Photoshop CS3s new Quick Selection tool... and more
A host of timesaving techniques and insider secrets teach you to work faster and more adeptly moving from the problem to the solution to get fantastic results!
Steve Caplin is a graphic artist, author and journalist.
* Extensive new material to show you how to take your Photoshop skills even further
* DVD includes all the brand new images from the book, 300 high resolution AbleStock images plus over 2 hours of QuickTime movies of the projects
* Benefit from a professional illustrator's timesaving tips and tricks!
Big on creative inspiration but short on time?
Crunching deadlines again and cant quite figure
out how to get your ideas out of your head and
on to the screen? How to Cheat in Photoshop
comes to your rescue once again. Nobody knows
more about working fast under pressure and
pushing the envelope to craft creative images
that capture imaginations than hands-on graphic
artist, working illustrator and master of magic,
With his in-depth knowledge of the little-known
secrets used by the pros to produce awardwinning
illustrations, Steve is THE go-to guru for
professional designers, graphic artists, illustrators, retouchers and students of design media and illustration who want to create photorealistic effects using Photoshop.
Updated for Photoshop CS3, this must-have
resource unlocks your creativity and helps you
save time in the software so you can spend
more time creatively. The book is also relevant
to any version of Photoshop.
Crammed with gems that no other book covers, this book-and-DVD set offers practical tips to turn the ordinary into the awe-inspiring. Packed with real-world examples, tips to help artists work to a deadline, and detailed, step-by-step instructions, this set shows users how to make the most of the power of Photoshop CS3.
Table of Contents
Natural Selection; Transformationanddistortion; Hidingandshowing; Image adjustment; Composing the scene; Getting into perspective; Lightandshade; Headsandbodies; Shiny surfaces; Metal, woodandstone; Paperandfabric; 3rd dimension; Hyper realism; Time saving techniques; Working for printandweb.