Synopses & Reviews
Tap into every feature of the iPad!
How to Do Everything: iPad offers everything youve come to expect from the bestselling high-tech lifestyle series: easy-to-follow coverage of all the powerful and fun features the iPad has to offer. Quickly master the basics, including customization, using the Multi-Touch screen, navigating the Web, sending/receiving email, reading ebooks and newspapers, and managing contacts and calendars. Chapters progress to more complex tasks such as taking/sending images and video, downloading and installing apps, getting content from the App Store and iTunes, GPS mapping, wireless access, synching data with other computers, adding accessories, and so much more. If youre looking for a book as cutting-edge and streamlined as the iPad itself, youll love this definitive guide.
How to Do Everything: iPad
- Shows you how to master the cutting-edge Multi-Touch screen that displays in any orientation
- Details the revolutionary, full-color e-book reader functionality which takes advantage of the iPads high-resolution, LED-backlit screen
- Covers App Store apps, iTunes content, and a variety of third-party applications
- Discusses wireless connection options, computing functions, videoconferencing, and other features
Complete iPad coverage:
Get Started with your iPad; Learn iPad Basics; Browse the Web with Safari; Communicate with Mail; Go Digital with iBooks; Read Newspapers, Blogs, Newsgroups, and Commentary; Play Games; Shopping with iTunes; View, Manage, and Share Photos; View, Manage and Share Video; Learn to Use the iWork app suite; Manage Contacts; Manage your Schedule; Get There with Maps; Take Notes Tweaks, Tips, and Tricks ; Accessibility Options; Stay Secure; Adjust Setting for Your iPad; Top Ten Must Have Apps
Tap into every feature of your iPad!
Get the most out of the revolutionary iPad with help from this easy-to-follow guide. Covering both the Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi + 3G models, How to Do Everything: iPad shows you how to quickly master the basics, such as customizing your iPad, using the Multi-Touch screen, accessing the Internet through wireless and cellular connections, syncing, and backing up your data. Learn to use Mail, Safari, iBooks, iTunes, Maps, the App Store, and much more. View photos and video, create a slideshow, watch movies, use GPS, and play games. If you're looking for a book as cutting-edge and streamlined as the iPad itself, you found it!
- Configure, register, customize, sync, and back up your iPad
- Select a data plan for your iPad 3G
- Connect to Wi-Fi networks, access the web, and surf with Safari
- Set up Mail and integrate with various email accounts
- Install iBooks and download and read books
- Download and run cool apps from the App Store
- View, manage, and share photos and videos
- Set up iTunes, sync music and media from your computer, download songs, and create playlists
- Rent, purchase, download, and watch movies and TV shows
- Manage your contacts and schedule and keep notes
- Navigate with GPS and Maps
- Discover, download, and play awesome games
- Take advantage of the iPad's built-in accessibility features, including VoiceOver and Zoom
Covering both the Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi 3G models, this resource quickly masters the basics, explains how to use Mail, Safari, iBooks, iTunes, Maps, and the App Store, how to view photos and video, create a slideshow, watch movies, use GPS, and play games.
About the Author
Joli Ballew Microsoft MVP, MCSE, MCDST, A+, and MCTS: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2007, is the extremely popular, bestselling author of Degunking Windows (Paraglyph Press), voted IPPYs Best Computer Book of the Year in 2005. She has written more than 30 books, including How to Do Everything: BlackBerry Storm 2, How to Do Everything Netbook, CNET Do-It-Yourself Mac Projects, and others.
Table of Contents
Part I. Introduction to the iPad
; Chapter 1.
Get Started with your iPad; Chapter 2.
Learn iPad Basics; Part II. Internet and Email
; Chapter 3.
Browse the Web with Safari; Chapter 4.
Communicate with Mail; Part III. News and Entertainment
; Chapter 5.
Go Digital with iBooks; Chapter 6.
Read Newspapers, Blogs, Newsgroups, and Commentary; Chapter 7.
Play Games; Chapter 8.
Use your iPod; Chapter 9.
Shopping with iTunes; Part IV. Photos and Video
; Chapter 10.
View, Manage, and Share Photos!; Chapter 11.
View, Manage and Share Video; Part V. Manage Productivity
; Chapter 12.
Learn to Use the iWork app suite ; Chapter 13.
Manage Contacts; Chapter 14.
Manage your Schedule; Chapter 15.
Get There with Maps; Chapter 16.
Take Notes ; Part VI. Tweaks, Tips, and Tricks
; Chapter 17.
Accessibility Options; Chapter 18.
Stay Secure; Appendix A.
Adjust Setting for Your iPad Appendix B.
Top Ten Must Have Apps