Synopses & Reviews
Get the most out of your iPhone by learning how to use all of its powerful capabilities.
Filled with tips, tricks, and shortcuts, this book shows you how to set up your iPhone, make calls, manage voicemail, and load contacts. But that's just the beginning. You'll also learn how to send and receive email, look up turn-by-turn directions, listen to music, plan your week, play videos, and so much more. Plus, you'll find out how to install third-party applications and even use your iPhone with different carriers. Now that you've got the hottest handheld on the market, take it to the limit with help from this hands-on guide. Activate your iPhone and modify settings:
- Sync your data to your iPhone
- Organize contacts, make calls, and use voicemail
- Load and play music, podcasts, videos, and TV shows
- Send, receive, and manage email and SMS messages
- Browse the Internet with Safari
- Manage and sync appointments with the calendar
- Take pictures and view photos
- Navigate using Google Maps
- Get weather forecasts, YouTube videos, and stock information instantly
- Troubleshoot and maintain your iPhone
- Hack your iPhone to install third-party applications
- Unlock your iPhone for use with different carriers
Hello? Do you want to get the most out of your iPhone?The revolutionary new iPhone will combine three products into one slick device--a mobile phone, a widescreen iPod with touch controls, and a breakthrough Internet communications tool. Covering all the features of what is sure to be the hottest handheld on the market, this easy-to-follow guide will show you how to make calls, listen to music, browse the Web, send email, and much more.
About the Author
Adam Pash is a freelance technology writer and senior editor for the productivity and technology weblog, Lifehacker. He has been a guest on National Public Radio.
Jason Chen is a freelance technology and consumer electronics writer for Gizmodo, a major technology weblog.