Synopses & Reviews
Take full advantage of all the powerful features built into your PC with this thorough, easy-to-follow guide.
You'll find all the essential information you need - from learning the basics of how a PC works to mastering the latest hot technologies including digital photography, downloadable music, and wireless networking - all explained in clear, precise language. Find out how to select a PC that best meets your needs and also learn how to use Windows to do everything from printing great-looking documents to sending photos online. You'll also discover useful tips for keeping your PC in top-running condition and troubleshooting common problems. You'll learn how to get connected to the Internet and decide which kind of Internet connection to choose - dial-up, cable, or DSL. Packed with helpful screen shots, diagrams, and digital photos, this is the ideal resource for every novice PC user!
Inside, you'll learn to:
- Select the PC that best meets your needs
- Use the Windows operating system effectively
- Easily upgrade equipment and troubleshoot problems on your system
- Get connected and use the Internet efficiently
- Manage your personal finances on your PC
- Build your own home network - including a wireless network
- Manipulate your own digital photographs on your PC
- Burn CDs and create your own digital jukebox
- Synchronize data from your PC to your handheld device or laptop
Table of Contents
Welcome to PC Land.
Putting Your Pc to Work.
Cool Things to Do with Your PC.
Upgrading, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting Your PC.