Synopses & Reviews
Strategies for turning your next interview into an offer--as taught at today's leading business schools
Every job interview is a one-shot opportunity to dramatically improve your career and lifestyle. World-class MBA programs recognize this fact and now provide their students with detailed courses and coaching on how to dress for an interview, what to say, what not to say, and more.
How to Interview Like a Top MBA presents today's best-of-the-best strategies and skills into an all-in-one, MBA-level interviewing how-to. Featuring insights from Fortune 100 executives, headhunters, career counselors, and MBA graduates, this no-nonsense guidebook arms you with:
- Tips for highlighting your relevant skills and experience with concise, compelling, and well-structured answers
- Information you should know about an interviewing company, its industry, the position, and even the interviewers themselves
- Ways to directly address résumé weak spots or periods of extended unemployment--without apologizing!
- Techniques for identifying and highlighting transferable skills when you're looking to enter a new profession
- Worksheets, charts, and other hands-on tools for mapping out a powerful interview strategy and plan of action
- 100 sample questions you can expect to hear--with sample answers that can impress your interviewer
In today's ultracompetitive and uncompromising job market, the next position you get will set the tone for the rest of your career. Let How to Interview Like a Top MBAshow you how to develop the skills and confidence you need to enter each interview as a top candidate--and turn that interview into an exciting new job.
The interview strategies that help graduates of the nation's top business schools get the best jobs with the highest salaries
Interviewing for a job is more than answering questions. The most successful candidates are those who've done their homework, who come prepared with polished answers for every question, and who know how to steer the conversation where they want it to go. Now professional career coach Shelly Leanne--a Harvard graduate--teaches job seekers proven interview techniques taught at the nation's top business schools. How to Interview Like a Top MBA arms job seekers with:
- Insights and advice from top corporate executives, headhunters, and MBA program administrators
- Worksheets, charts, diagrams, and other valuable tools for creating a customized interview strategy and plan of action
- Valuable lessons on how to read interviewer signals, take control of an interview, turn weaknesses into strengths, ask the right questions, and much more
About the Author
Dr. Shel Leanne is the president of the Wilshel Corporation, an educational and career consulting service. A former McKinsey & Company consultant, a Harvard graduate, and a former Harvard faculty member, she runs interview workshops with MBA students at Harvard, Wharton, Columbia, and other top business schools.