Synopses & Reviews
Based on his popular seminar, Snyder teaches readers to use principles from behavioral psychology to increase sales and develop better business relationships.
"What's the most important factor in becoming a successful salesperson? Is it ambition and drive? Maybe it's enthusiasm. Or, maybe, success in sales just boils down to good old-fashioned hard work.
While all of these things no doubt contribute to sales success, the real key, according to David Snyder, is understanding and knowing how to read different personality types--including one's own. How to Mind-Read Your Customers, which is based on Snyder's popular seminar, shows readers how to use the principles of behavioral psychology (made easy and accessible) to master the art and science of salesmanship. Using the book's wealth of useful ideas and tools, readers will:
* Gain insight into their own personalities
* Identify their strengths and weaknesses
* Gain a better understanding of themselves
* Understand and relate better to others
* Size up people as early as the first phone conversation
* Improve relationships with customers
* Enhance teamwork
* Eliminate mistakes in communication
* Make a great first impression
* Increase sales!
Innovative and empowering, yet down-to-earth and humorous, this book is an invaluable resource for anyone in sales, marketing, or customer service on how to take selling skills to the next level."
About the Author
David P. Snyder is Chairman and CEO of Snyder, Inc., and specializes in new business strategy implementation and training for a national client base. He also runs businesses in fields as diverse as marketing strategy, sales training, education research, curriculum development, and entertainment. He resides primarily in North Carolina.
Table of Contents
"1. Salesmanship as an Art and a Science
2. The Basics of Customer Psychology
3. The Two Types of People in This World
4. Dynamic People
5. Rules of the Invisible Checkmate: How to Sell to the Driven Person
6. Togetherness, Harmony, and Universal Friendship: How to Sell to the Influential/Sociable Person
7. How to Protect Yourself from Guilt and Anxiety
8. Discerning People
9. Taking Care of the Golden Goose: How to Sell to a Conscientious Person
10. Winning the Hearts of the Salt of the Earth: How to Sell to a Steadfast Person
11. Portrait of the Artist as a Young Business Person
12. How to Integrate Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service: Billion-Dollar Tips from a Guy Who's Been There"