Synopses & Reviews
Learn the Latest Money-Saving Techniques for Troubleshooting and Repairing Any Briggs and Stratton Engine, New or Old! /p>
Turn to the Fourth Edition of How to Repair Briggs and Stratton Engines for expert guidance on completing any Briggs and Stratton maintenance and repair job quickly and easily. This money-saving resource now includes the latest information on overhead valves (OHV), carburetion advances, new muffler designs, and cutting-edge alternators.
Filled with proven techniques for fixing both brand-new and older model Briggs and Stratton engines, the Fourth Edition of this hands-on reference covers everything from ignition, fuel, and charging systems…to starters and engine mechanics. You will find step-by-step instructions for troubleshooting and repairing magnetos…carburetors… governors…alternators…main bearings…flywheels…coils…fuel pumps …air filters…rewind and electric starters…and connecting rods. Using more than 190 detailed illustrations, the Fourth Edition of How to Repair Briggs and Stratton Engines features:
- All the expertise needed to perform maintenance and repair jobs on any Briggs and Stratton engine
- Comprehensive guidance on state-of-the-art small-engine technology
- New to this edition: updated material on overhead valve design (OHV); new coverage of Flo-Jet suction lift carburetion; and new information on alternators, torque limits, and bolt tightening sequences
Inside this Updated Briggs and Stratton Repair Kit • Introduction • The Product Range • Troubleshooting • Ignition Systems • The Fuel System • Starters • Charging Systems • Engine Mechanics • The Overhead Valve Revolution
PUT AN END TO COSTLY SMALL-ENGINE REPAIR BILLS!
In this money-saving guide to Briggs & Stratton engine repair, master mechanic Paul Dempsey covers everything you need to know to complete just about any maintenance or repair job with professional results. Completely revised and expanded with a wealth of all-new material, this third edition gives you step-by-step, illustrated instructions that demonstrate how to troubleshoot and repair:
* Spark plugs
* Main bearings
* Fuel pumps
* Air filters
* Rewind and electric starters
* Connecting rods
GET AGING LAW MOWERS RUNNING LIKE NEW!
* Detailed troubleshooting information for just about every Briggs & Stratton engine ever manufactured--including brand-new and older models
* Information on small-engine exhaust emission controls
* Part numbers of redesigned and updated components that can be retrofitted to older engines
About the Author
Paul Dempsey is a master mechanic and an author of three books on engine repair published by McGraw-Hill.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1- The Product Range
Chapter 2 – Troubleshooting
Chapter 3 – Ignition Systems
Chapter 4 – The Fuel System
Chapter 5 – Starters
Chapter 6 – Charging Systems
Chapter 7 – Engine Mechanics
Chapter 8 - The Europa
Chapter 9 – Winds of Change