Synopses & Reviews
Card's Hugo award-winning classic teaches how to produce market-ready stories based on worlds readers will want to explore.
Learn to write science fiction and fantasy from a master
You've always dreamed of writing science fiction and fantasy tales that pull readers into extraordinary new worlds and fantastic conflicts. Best-selling author Orson Scott Card shows you how it's done, distilling years of writing experience and publishing success into concise, no-nonsense advice. You'll learn how to:
- utilize story elements that define the science fiction and fantasy genres
- build, populate, and dramatize a credible, inviting world your readers will want to explore
- develop the "rules" of time, space and magic that affect your world and its inhabitants
- construct a compelling story by developing ideas, characters, and events that keep readers turning pages
- find the markets for speculative fiction, reach them, and get published
- submit queries, write cover letters, find an agent, and live the life of a writer
The boundaries of your imagination are infinite. Explore them with Orson Scott Card and create fiction that casts a spell over agents, publishers, and readers from every world.
Provides advice for every science fiction and fantasy writer interested in constructing stories about people, worlds and events that stretch the boundaries of the possible and the magical. The guide also includes information on potential markets and how to reach them.