Synopses & Reviews
HTML & CSS: Designing and Building Web Sites
teaches readers the basics of HTML and CSS. This book is unique because it throws away dull templates and presents the information in full color, with the use of helpful info-graphics. It starts by introducing structure and hierarchy rather than jumping with the first elements or how websites work. Since a picture can often tell a thousand words, the book introduces each new element in a visual way, relying on images and diagrams rather than pages of text. It then goes on to discuss CSS, and teaches the reader how to control how their pages will look / appear. As a value-add, the book is accompanied by a website that the user can download to their computer with lots of examples and exercises to try for themselves. The book covers: structure, text, lists, links, images, tables, forms, useful options, adding style w/CSS, controlling fonts, colors, thinking in boxes, styling lists, styling tables, layouts, using grids, and offers practical advice about SEO, Google analytics, ftp, and HTML5 all in beautifully rendered 4-color ease of reading. The reader will learn:
- How pages are structured
- How to create text
- How to create lists
- Linking between pages on a site
- Adding images to a page
- Structure and creation of tables
- Elements of forms and how to create
- How to add style with CSS
- Controlling fonts
- Adding colors
A full-color introduction to the basics of HTML and CSS from the publishers of Wrox!
Every day, more and more people want to learn some HTML and CSS. Joining the professional web designers and programmers are new audiences who need to know a little bit of code at work (update a content management system or e-commerce store) and those who want to make their personal blogs more attractive. Many books teaching HTML and CSS are dry and only written for those who want to become programmers, which is why this book takes an entirely new approach.
- Introduces HTML and CSS in a way that makes them accessible to everyone—hobbyists, students, and professionals—and it’s full-color throughout
- Utilizes information graphics and lifestyle photography to explain the topics in a simple way that is engaging
- Boasts a unique structure that allows you to progress through the chapters from beginning to end or just dip into topics of particular interest at your leisure
This educational book is one that you will enjoy picking up, reading, then referring back to. It will make you wish other technical topics were presented in such a simple, attractive and engaging way!